Most expensive domain

Yeah same.. I never payed anymore than $8.88 for my domains.. I have a few too..

HostEffects.com - Free (From friend)
HostEffects.net - Free (From friend)
PierHosting.com - $8.88
Local-Yokel.net - $8.88
CapersHosting.com - $8.88
ZeterNet.org - $8.88

I normally buy domains for around 5-9 dollars. I wouldnt pay anymore than that.

However a few people at my other computer job (KI Technology)
purchase their domains from http://www.networksolutions.com

Somehow they end up spending about $45-55 for a simple top level domain name with a 2 year register. Thats insane. that is almost 9x the amount I would pay for a domain.

I usually shop at www.joker.com, www.namescheap.com, www.tosdomains.com, www.godaddy.com depends on whoever is having a sale

I do most, if not all my domain shopping at TosDomains, they have a very friendly interface where you can control you domain(s) and it is very easy to find what you are looking for.

Another provider I have two domains with (these were gifts) is Enom.com, I find this place VERY fast to update the DNS, don't know how they do it but it seems to be extremely fast, well for me anyway.

well that would be any domains I purchased years ago when networksolutions was the only registrar on the net. I believe the going rate was like $79.99 for two years

They should update their prices to reflect the current market.
Im sure some people still pay those prices though because they dont know that the alternatives can be just as good, they probably think its a far better service just because of the price.

A number of businesses would most likely go with someoen that charges more for the same thing...

A lot of businesses don't often do a whole lot of research into a company, if they even do any. If they found a webhost for $5 or one for $15 they would probably go with the $15 provider just because they would think it is the better provider.

I remember one of my previous clients who mentioned to me that she bought a .com domain name for $79.95 USD for a year and when I asked them why they did that because there are other cheap providers...her response was that she is happy with BiG companies so that nothing happens and plus she got a FREE parking page :) which she thought would be $99.95 :)

I wish I remember the URL...if I do I will let you guys know.

we usually use godaddy. customers have told me they are scared of cheap domain purchases because they have had problems movng their domain. I think a coupld of them bought from a wholesaler and had to pay more and fill out a bunch of paperwork to move em.

We even have one customer that demands we buy any domains for him from register.com (which is like $40USD/year)

What can you do, we buy it for him from register.com :)

Well I forgive you for spending this much on these domains then, but now you have no excuse to spend more than $8-10 on a domain, unless of course it is a popular name going to be sold for lots, such as www.msn.com I would forgive you for spending a billion on that.

I've seen domains for many thousands, it was on some site which I can't recall yet.. I will let you know if I find it.

Wow I have never seen one that expensive:

Prices US dollars Registration Annual
Standard Domain Name $350 $50
Premium Domain Name $1000 $100

If the site looked a bit more professional, I think that maybe a business would sped that money on a domain because they dont know how it works or if the cost makes a difference.
Businesses spend a lot of money on things that dont cost much simply because they think it will be better because of the price

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tombarko8