Monthly or yearly?

we dont offer anything other than monthly payments on our plans (apart from our cheapest plan which is only annual) unless clients ask if they can pay annually

Now I pay annually for the hosting, but i want to take a dedicated server, and probably have to pay for it the first time monthly.

I like to pay monthly or quartley. If I feel safe with the host, am able to pay for a year. But I do never pay yearly if there is nothing to save.
Hosts forcing yearly payment makes me turn away.
We do force semi-annually or annually payment on our cheapest package. But all other the client is free to chose

As a provider of webhosting, I'm sure others here can appreciate this business is all about recurring revenue. While Monthly billing cycles are the blood of the business, yearly does have its place. After being in business for a few years those yearly billing cycles tend to come every month as well but it does take time. One large lump sum yearly vs continual smaller payments monthly does create some challenges but in the end if you don't have the capital to stay afloat for those first two or three years, your in the wrong business!

To pay yearly is often much cheaper than monthly, but this works only if you clearly know that the provider is reliable and you will need hosting services that long.
Monthly payment is good choice if you just want to try service providers.

For my personal hosting needs I pay yearly but I would rather save the money and pay in one lump sum than have yet another monthly bill. I have kids so the random trips to the doctors and hospital (recent broken arm) are more than enough to keep me busy with normal monthly bills.

Before I started my own company and was using other hosting companies. If the payment was $20.00 per year then I would pay the yearly fee.

But if it were $50.00- $90.00 or more a year then I would only pay it monthly.

Chad

Monthly. I understand the savings of buying in "bulk", a whole year, but my budget is set for the monthly costs. It just seems easier at this point.

Monthly. I understand the savings of buying in "bulk", a whole year, but my budget is set for the monthly costs. It just seems easier at this point.

thats how we set our budgets, we have been with the same upstream provider for 4 years now with 99.999% uptime for that period, all support d or n answered within minutes and sorted with a few hours. So we would have no issues with paying annually, but we set monthly budgets and also paying monthly, you never know whats around the corner, so the most you lose will be a months money.