Monthly or yearly?

I prefer annually if it is on the smaller side like shared hosting with a reputable company. It saves me time when I have to look at monthly bills and it saves me money over the term. Yearly cycles are good for me because I don't have to worry about an interruption in service when I forget to process the payment for the month.

On shared hosting i would pay yearly. It is cheaper on most hosts.

For other hosting solutions probably monthly payment would be my choice

Annual for the likes of a mail server / vps
Or DNS server.

But nothing else, monthly is best + it gives hosts incentive to look after you.

Personally for me, it depends on several variables, including but not limited to:
- Price
- Length of operation
- Is it a need or want

When my customers pay yearly, I ofter set discount free 2 months. :) This is very helpful, so they 'll be longer time with us.

I prefer monthly, as it is easier to manage.

If did yearly, some people tend to forgot the payment ( it's a long time to pay again )

Do you prefer to pay monthly or yearly for the hosting services?

It depends on the level of service. We prefer monthly, however some services that are under roughly 5$ a month, we prefer yearly and have priced those accordingly. This prevents the whole fee from being eaten by PayPal/Google Checkout fee's.

Good luck.

Regards,
AB

we set all our plans that are under £5 a month to annual just as Agent Black says it saves on all the fee taken up in payment processor fees.

if i client askes to pay these plans monthly then we will do this, but will add a set up fee of £5 which helps towards the processing fees throughout the year.

I'd prefer monthly as I don't want to drop a years worth of money all at once. Though, if a nice discount is provided, I'd pay yearly.

Simple Funda i would suggest is if you're hosting with a new webhost, go with a monthly plan, this will rule out any fraud company case, and if the webhost you're buying hosting from is well-established in market, go for yearly plans, you save lots of bucks :)

Simple Funda i would suggest is if you're hosting with a new webhost, go with a monthly plan, this will rule out any fraud company case, and if the webhost you're buying hosting from is well-established in market, go for yearly plans, you save lots of bucks :)

Not all established hosts are good though, so you need to make sure you do some research before dropping yearly fees on a host that you'll be stuck with for a year (or longer).

Not all established hosts are good though, so you need to make sure you do some research before dropping yearly fees on a host that you'll be stuck with for a year (or longer).

too true. before i got my own servers i was with a host 8 years, from shared to reseller and then M reseller and then in a space of 2 weeks they had a HDD failure that resulted in all accounts moved to another server and new IPs issued, so OK this happens, so got the new IPs and got everything running again after 3 days downtime, then a few days later got an urgent message to backup everything immediately, then 24 hours later another message saying panic over they spotted a possible DDOS attack which they managed to avert. a few days later i woke up to a mountain of emails from angry clients to day all sites down, which i confirned and contect the host immediately but no reply, 2 days later gort a reply to say they had a HDD failure and would be back up within 24 hours, well this passed and no contact, they never replied to any of my emails, but this time i had lost many clients, so this is when i decided to get myself a VPS, but i had no time to research, so i found a host that gave me a mreseller so i could get what clients i had left back up until i researched a VPS.