Master reselling

Thank you, Terry. Great breakdown, and I sincerely appreciate the clarification. I'm just glad that we just have direct reseller plans then, and I don't have to explain 'master reseller' plans to our potential and existing customers on a regular basis. :)

we sell more master reseller plans and have never been asked once in 11 years to clarify the differences

it can be profitable yes, but also it can be very hard to get into the hosting biz because there is so many people here already, what could you offer, that others cant?...

ServerMicro, thats a negative way to look at it. If everyone thoguht that way, we wouldnt have alot of the great companies we have today.

in todays hosting market you really need to find a niche and then utilise this.

if you do research you will find a lot of hosts now offer wordpress, ecommerce plans etc. with scripts already installed, so clients have a site up ready to go.

so anyone starting in the hosting business really needs to find a niche that makes them stand out from the rest

10 Master Reseller = 200 Reseller account
200 Reseller Account = 6000 Hosting Account..

Some closed master reseller business..
- rewindd.net - search in google,

I start my business from them, they was provide $4 master reseller account.. :(

For $4 you should be able to get a basic shared hosting account. Its companies that offer ridiculous prices like that then wonder why they fail. A master reseller price should be calculated with prices around about VPS pricing.

"Then again VPS providers offer ridiculous prices as well"

The point of a web host is to make as much money as possible while maintaining a good level of service and support. Then you will get more referrals and returning customers.

The companies that offer these ridiculous prices are out for a get rich quick. This doesn't happen, and will never happen!

If your wanting a master reseller be prepared to pay for it, and just think of everything you will be getting for that price.

The point of a web host is to make as much money as possible while maintaining a good level of service and support.

This may be how you see it, but this is not how every host sees it.

As long as you can cover your costs with a little profit and at the same time offer a good level of service and support to clients then this is a good business.

If this means filling a server with £4 a month Master Resellers, as long as you dont oversell the server and make enough to cover the server costs with a profit then whats wrong with that.

you could offer plans at £10/£15 a month and get no takers but you still have to find the money to pay for the server.

Begin with and maintain a clear and written understanding of all services and all charges for them. If questions still remain or some terms are unclear it is strongly advised that you ask for clarification before signing up for anything.

Master reseller business is profitable. But you should choose a good company, there are some alpha resellers out their choosing them will make delays in you support issues. consider a master reseller account not an alpha reseller account.

Master Reseller accounts allow and give you the full control of Reseller Hosting and the Reseller host have the control of Shared Hosting accounts.

Master Reselling

I didn't pick up your questions. Do you mean if selling master resellers profitable for a webhosting company or is selling using master resellers profitable :crash:

As my way Master Reseller account is profitable..Its attract the customer to let the reseller account and give them with custom create packages..
Like many developers also use the reseller account to make the packages like website+hosting .. So its profitable.

selling master reseller account is very unserious for me,especially when it comes with unlimited specs for a few dollars a month.

Master Reseller is more profitable than normal reseller and there's no definite company specialized in selling Master Resellers .

Master Reseller is more profitable than normal reseller and there's no definite company specialized in selling Master Resellers .

A lot of hosts have stopped offering Master Resellers because you have less control on what sites are on your server.

We stopped offering MR plans to new clients over 12 months ago, the only MRs we have are current long term master resellers who only use these for their own personal sites.

We've never felt comfortable offering Master Reseller accounts. We have a very strict policy on what we do and don't allow on our shared servers and offering Master Resellers would definitely compromise that policy. If a client wants to sell reseller hosting, they can become an affiliate or go with a managed VPS or Dedicated server.

A lot of hosts have stopped offering Master Resellers because you have less control on what sites are on your server..

I have heard this before but don't understand it (Since I am a windows host the issue is moot). What is it about a MR account that prevents control? What is the difference if a site is provisioned under an MR account instead of a traditional reseller account -- even under a provider's account?

If I or my resellers put 1,000 sites on my server, why is it that different than a MR putting them there?

I have heard this before but don't understand it (Since I am a windows host the issue is moot). What is it about a MR account that prevents control? What is the difference if a site is provisioned under an MR account instead of a traditional reseller account -- even under a provider's account?

If I or my resellers put 1,000 sites on my server, why is it that different than a MR putting them there?

I guess the main thing is that when you sign up a reseller, you have certain checks you do on that client to assure they're not spammers, fraud or have a history of hosting questionable content. When you give a reseller access to add another reseller under them, you can't be sure that this client of yours will be as prudent in their sign up process. And in turn, you can't be sure that the reseller THEY sign up are prudent in who they sell hosting to. Sure, you can ausit those accounts as they are added but in my opinion, it's not worth it under a shared environment. Servers can fill up quickly and administration can become a pain.

When you give a reseller access to add another reseller under them, you can't be sure that this client of yours will be as prudent in their sign up process. And in turn, you can't be sure that the reseller THEY sign up are prudent in who they sell hosting to. .

This is the part that stumps me. Aren't the resources used by the "sub-resellers" and their customers the resources of the main reseller? As such, can't you just monitor the main reseller? Is it these plans don't hold the main reseller accountable for their customers as we do with traditional reseller plans? And if not, why not?