Master reselling

Possibly

I am sure master reselling can be profitable, but with the saturation of the market right now, it would be tough to be able to stand out. Every day I see a new hosting company that I have never heard of, so its hard to get your name out there unless you have a large advertising budget. I hope that if you decide to go through with it, that you are successful. Good luck. Cheers

Are you already selling other products, or is this your first venture?

If the former, you may find customers upgrade or new customers come along.

If you are starting out now, be prepared to make a loss for a while before it starts becoming profitable.

I do a similar thing, only I offer preconfigured VPS with control panel, so the user is the admin. It does quite well, but it's not as profitable as the Reseller and Shared hosting.

Master Reseller plans are a step ahead of the traditional Reseller plans where you have special privileges to create Reseller under your account which further increases your profit margins. Reseller plans are porfitable if you provide good services because you start your own business with the infrastructure and other facilities which are offered by your Hosting provider.

A Master Reseller hosting package is something that allows you to create 'Sub-Reseller' and sell reseller hosting as well. Profiting out of it is indeed possible provided you have the right calculations in place and the correct strategy of marketing.

Some people say they work well, others say they don't. What if that 1 client who pays you 45 dollars a month, and has 20-25 clients. Well if he doesnt pay, he loses 25 clients, and you lose 45 dollars. If their was a way to have a "Sub-Reseller" in WHMCS, then this would work well.

This is depends on how you market your reseller package, for example I'm offer free WHMCS for my clients but may others no.

I've seen a few successful businesses offering Master Reseller hosting and I've seen some that have failed, hard!

It really depends on the brains behind the business and whether or not they know what they're doing when they offer such services.

Master reseller services can easily and quickly saturate a server and cause more trouble than it's worth if you don't have the right infrastructure in place.

well i have my own server and i sell mainly reseller and master reseller hosting. i place resellers on 1 server and master resellers on another server. i restrict how many accounts each reseller or MR can have on their account when initially set up, if a client requires extra account they ask through a ticket and if their is server space etc. then i will add extra accounts for them.

10 Master Reseller = 200 Reseller account
200 Reseller Account = 6000 Hosting Account..

Some closed master reseller business..
- rewindd.net - search in google,

I start my business from them, they was provide $4 master reseller account.. :(

Hm... looks to be really attractive offer.
It will be a good idea to contact them directly and ask their sales rep about any fresh coupon codes.

Try to widen the range of your search. There are tons of web hosts offering cheap hosting solutions.

10 Master Reseller = 200 Reseller account
200 Reseller Account = 6000 Hosting Account..

Some closed master reseller business..
- rewindd.net - search in google,

I start my business from them, they was provide $4 master reseller account.. :(

No Thanks! :)

You get what you pay for, and for just $4, thats way to much!

Well, it doesn't appear rewindd.net is around anymore anyway. I'm confused, was it $4/month for the opportunity to be a master reseller with them?

And I'm still confused at the "master reseller" term. Is it just a buzz term used by some hosts? Does it mean your hosted customers under your reseller plan can resell too? How can that even be managed?

Well, it doesn't appear rewindd.net is around anymore anyway. I'm confused, was it $4/month for the opportunity to be a master reseller with them?

And I'm still confused at the "master reseller" term. Is it just a buzz term used by some hosts? Does it mean your hosted customers under your reseller plan can resell too? How can that even be managed?

before you get to a VPS/dedicated server you have these hosting setups

shared - basic single site shared hosting.
reseller - you resell another hosts services offering shared hosting plans.
master reseller - you resell another hosts services offering shared hosting plans and reseller plans.
alpha hosting - you resell another hosts services offering shared hosting plans, reseller plans and master reseller plans.

with all these you have no server root access, so have no control over what else is on the server etc.

shared - basic single site shared hosting.
reseller - you resell another hosts services offering shared hosting plans.
master reseller - you resell another hosts services offering shared hosting plans and reseller plans.
alpha hosting - you resell another hosts services offering shared hosting plans, reseller plans and master reseller plans.

Thank you, Terry. Great breakdown, and I sincerely appreciate the clarification. I'm just glad that we just have direct reseller plans then, and I don't have to explain 'master reseller' plans to our potential and existing customers on a regular basis. :)