Looking for investor

Hey HostingDiscussion,

I am looking for a investor to provide a few items for me to start a web host. I have a business plan that outlines most everything.

About Me
I am 24, married, Live in Alabama, have a 9-5 and always wanted to start my own business. If you have any questions or want to PM me for my business plan, I am looking to hear from you soon!.

It would be handy of you outline what items you need from an investor

And, why bother with an investor when you work 9-5? Just start on your own, you shouldn't need investors to start, unless you need serious hardware.

They will just suck your profits when they come

And, why bother with an investor when you work 9-5? Just start on your own, you shouldn't need investors to start, unless you need serious hardware.

simple some people want something for nothing, this way they get a server make an income but have no overheads.

You can get a decent VPS with all the needed addons ( softaculous, WHMReseller, WHMCS etc) for approx. $100 a month.

but you can start with a reseller account for a fraction of that

+1 to reseller.
I started with a reseller account from they guys at bluebayhost before they went under (luckily). Really, Reseller services are much better than going right for a VPS, unless you really know what you are doing and can populate an entire VPS quickly to cover your overhead. You just want to make sure you find a reliable and stable host that gives you LIMITS. NO UNLIMITED OFFERS. If you see the word unlimited anywhere near a reseller host, leave immediately. Also, I would steer clear of "Alpha Resellers", as this just creates more problems down the road.

When I started getting interested in the IT field about 5 years ago, I made the mistake of hosting with an alpha reseller that offered unlimited disk space and bandwidth. Big mistake. I learned the hard way. IMHO, If it sounds too good to be true, don't do it. Just my two cents.

Scott

yes better to start with a reseller account to

1) build a clientbase
2) build a reputation

Last edited:
simple some people want something for nothing, this way they get a server make an income but have no overheads.

You can get a decent VPS with all the needed addons ( softaculous, WHMReseller, WHMCS etc) for approx. $100 a month.

True, when I started my wages funded business and every penny I get goes to advertising etc, people need to make sacrifices to get anywhere.

You can get everything you need cheaper, easily. That's what I mean, no real need for someone to invest, you seek investment when you have grown and need to expand in certain areas

You can get everything you need cheaper, easily. That's what I mean, no real need for someone to invest, you seek investment when you have grown and need to expand in certain areas

exactly as an investor will need a track record from you and a full business plan along with full commitment and not just

I am looking for a investor to provide a few items for me to start a web host

I am 24, married, Live in Alabama, have a 9-5 and always wanted to start my own business.

as this shows is you have no idea on really what you want aparts from some free items that someone else will pay for and that you are in full time employment, so do not have any time to commit to a new business.

I am looking for a investor to provide a few items for me to start a web host

maybe i can invest in your new business with a pen and maybe at a push some A4 paper as these are items you may need or maybe a hammer to help you hang the picture in your new office.

Start from research the market, Learn what other companies offering, learn what customers needs most in this industry, follow by contacting hosting providers and being a reseller first, gain customers as a reseller, move forward. Don't try jump over the bridge without cross it first.

It would be handy of you outline what items you need from an investor

I will update the thread with this, Most of it is in the business plan but I am re-writing it.

I would love to make this my 9-5 but I can't quit my job at the moment. I am just working on a start up to make it my 9-5.

What type of imvestment are you looking for ?

I will update the thread on this.

I am starting on a VPS. Its again in my business plan, But will update it soon. I also am not looking to get everything for nothing. I have put my savings into getting where I am at now, which is not far but I do not have a great job, but it pays the bills for the moment.

+1 to reseller.
I started with a reseller account from they guys at bluebayhost before they went under (luckily). Really, Reseller services are much better than going right for a VPS, unless you really know what you are doing and can populate an entire VPS quickly to cover your overhead. You just want to make sure you find a reliable and stable host that gives you LIMITS. NO UNLIMITED OFFERS. If you see the word unlimited anywhere near a reseller host, leave immediately. Also, I would steer clear of "Alpha Resellers", as this just creates more problems down the road.

When I started getting interested in the IT field about 5 years ago, I made the mistake of hosting with an alpha reseller that offered unlimited disk space and bandwidth. Big mistake. I learned the hard way. IMHO, If it sounds too good to be true, don't do it. Just my two cents.

Scott

Hey Scott, ya no alpha resellers, resellers are fine but I am trying to start out on VPS. I need a reliable provider to start out on and I have found one. Also, My web hosting plans have set limits of Space and bandwidth also my addon domain, mysql databases, e-mail account and ftp accounts are unlimited.

yes better to start with a reseller account to

1) build a clientbase
2) build a reputation

Thanks for the advice, but I would like to start out a little bigger to attract more people. I am just starting off offering shared and resellers hosting then go into VPS and Dedicated after I build the clientbase like you said.

The truth: Why would someone invest when you are not willing quit your job to do the work?
I can see where your coming from, and I would quit but I can't loose my house and car and wife right this moment so I have to keep the income coming in.

True, when I started my wages funded business and every penny I get goes to advertising etc, people need to make sacrifices to get anywhere.

If I had started 5 years ago, I would have been good to go, but I was dumb and young. I have sacrificed quite a bit to get the where I am now.

exactly as an investor will need a track record from you and a full business plan along with full commitment and not just

as this shows is you have no idea on really what you want aparts from some free items that someone else will pay for and that you are in full time employment, so do not have any time to commit to a new business.

maybe i can invest in your new business with a pen and maybe at a push some A4 paper as these are items you may need or maybe a hammer to help you hang the picture in your new office.

Bashful, I think I have answered this above. This new start-up will have my 100% commitment but I still have to have income coming to pay for the necessities and I am not asking for an investor to pay for those.

Start from research the market, Learn what other companies offering, learn what customers needs most in this industry, follow by contacting hosting providers and being a reseller first, gain customers as a reseller, move forward. Don't try jump over the bridge without cross it first.

Thanks Wiz, I am researching everyday and talking to many people asking what would be a better solution for you? I see a need and I am working towards that. I'm not jumping over a bridge, I am building it before I walk across.

Also, Sorry for the late replies, I have not been getting any notification about these post.

Bashful, I think I have answered this above. This new start-up will have my 100% commitment but I still have to have income coming to pay for the necessities and I am not asking for an investor to pay for those.

If you have a 9 to 5 then how can you commit 100%.

say you are on you 9 to 5 and you have a client with issues at 1pm, then how will you be aware of this and how can you sort this if you are on your 9 to 5

If you have a 9 to 5 then how can you commit 100%.

say you are on you 9 to 5 and you have a client with issues at 1pm, then how will you be aware of this and how can you sort this if you are on your 9 to 5

I always have my tablet with me and would get notifications of a ticket. Max wait time for reply would be 30 mins with a resolution in another 30 minutes.

Should I quite my job and ask an investor to invest in me to start a business and ask for enough to cover bills? ( I am seriously asking because I have never inquired about an investor before.)

Max wait time for reply would be 30 mins with a resolution in another 30 minutes.

Not all issues can be resolved in 30 minutes, also how would your employer fell if you take time out ( could be several times a day) to sort issues with your clients.

It will be a lot easier for you to start with a reseller account and build a clientbase and reputation and this way keep your 9 to 5 as you wont need to worry s much about server security etc. onto of helping clients.

Unless someone is interested to provide the investment and have a conversation about it with Randall on- or offline, there is no need to post what it takes. It is between Randall and the investor.

the questions i put to him are what any investor would ask him as if he has a 9 to 5 job then how could he commit 100% to his new business. That why i suggest starting with a reseller, which as an investor i would be willing to provide him as this would take less of his time in respect of server security/updating/maintenance. I would need to look over his business plan first though

the questions i put to him are what any investor would ask him as if he has a 9 to 5 job then how could he commit 100% to his new business. That why i suggest starting with a reseller, which as an investor i would be willing to provide him as this would take less of his time in respect of server security/updating/maintenance. I would need to look over his business plan first though

So you are interested in this as an investor then. Great!

Randall, feel free to contact easyhostmedia directly if you find the opportunity interesting.