Linux or Windows ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a server, for me it's Linux all the way!

Linux for many reasons:

1. Opensource, no licenses fees to pay.
2. Very versatile with a lot of documentations online, and a large only community.
3. A lot of free or paid control panel available for Web Hosting purpose
4. Logs are easy to read and to understand
5. Very stable - No need to reboot often. You may use KernelCare to even reboot less often.

Windows:

1. Expensive license
2. Use it only if the technology used require Microsoft Windows
3. Good support from microsoft, frequent updates
4. Windows is getting more and more reliable, but I find it less interesting to use as Server, better for workstation.

Linux is best because of its security patch. If you buy new Linux based hosting then most of the time you get cPanel with your plan and it's easy for the newbie to manage the website data.

Hence our all website hosted on Linux.

In my point of view, no OS is far better than the various other. Nonetheless, both are distinct and also serve their finest to specific individual needs and market demands. Both the OS have various marketing target.

Linux provides excellent rate and safety, on the other hand, Windows provides terrific simplicity of use, to ensure that even non-tech-savvy people can function quickly on computers.

Linux is used by numerous business organizations as servers and OS for safety and security function while Windows is primarily used by organization users and players. Speaking about cost, there are a great deal of elements right into the picture when we contrast the expense of these two OS.

We can't make a gross generalization that Linux is entirely free or less expensive than Windows. Linux's permit expense is zero, however we do have infrastructure price, software application support expense and IT staffing cost for both Windows as well as Linux.

Linux is an open-source platform with the following features:
  • Low Cost
  • Scalability
  • Flexibility
  • Security
Windows is the most popular operating system with a user-friendly interface.
  • Ease of Use
  • Developer Friendly Environment
The best one depends upon your needs and budget so choose accordingly.

Linux is known for being fast and smooth, while Windows 10 has a reputation for being increasingly sluggish over time. Linux is faster than Windows 8.1 and 10, and it has a modern desktop environment and operating system qualities, while Windows is sluggish on older hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will go through Linux Web Hosting enables tumultuous businesses to build interlacing websites on the Linux Operating System, an open-source digression of the Unix Operating System. Due to the first and indeed popular open-source technology such as PHP, MySQL, Python, and XML, using this hosting for lattice spreading helps businesses to handle.

If you want general web hosting and applications then Linux, if you want more advanced applications then Windows.

It all depends on what you want in which OS you chose

I also prefer Linux as its more secure than Windows server.
Linux provide speedy platform to work without any delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.