Linux or Windows ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linux is mostly open source. Windows mostly requires a paid license.
If cost is an issue I would recommend building your projects with Linux.

It varies from one user to the other,both are easy to access when it comes to hosting,in common Linux hosting holds the upper hand as it is widely used in Hosting industry,both have their respective panels with similar interface,

If one is familiar with Linux,then can save a few penny as windows are highly priced.

Personally, I find networking and NIC teaming easier in Windows. Different Linux distros can get really finicky with spacing. Also, Ubuntu keeps switching up there networking every LTS which makes it annoying :).

If you know what you are doing in Linux it's much faster than usually doing the same exact tasks in Windows. Plus all the bloatware and overhead of Windows can get annoying quick.

Forget everything you learned about windows and start using linux. Linux is the leader in the hosting industry.

Linux

It is open source and free of cost.

No virus or Malware, no need to pay for anti-virus software which eats lots of system resources and make your pc slow day by day and need regular update.

You will get regular update and your system will not be slow down or no buggy update like windows.

No need to go to web and search for individual package, Most Linux Distribution has it’s own software center from their you can easily install most widely used software.

Once you comfortable with Terminals, It will be very easy to find any software via command and from Terminals you can maintain your whole OS very easily and effectively.

Windows:-

Windows is extremely easy to install and use, but you can’t modify it.

You have to pay money to use it and you have to use it in microsoft’s style. you can’t change and share it with others.

Sometimes it becomes more buggy and slow after windows update.

anti-virus and Anti-Malware software must required. you have to regularly update it.

For software installation you have to search software online and download then install. Windows store has many applications but still you need to go online for major software installation.

I agree with this. Linux is more good than windows, as first of all it is free, easily available, manageable, not buggy, less resource consumption, more stable. available in different flavors and we can choose it according to our requirement.

Both of their own pros and cons. I feel it all comes down to how you weigh the below points...

1. Which programming language are you using for your software/website
2. Which OS supports that programming language
3. What is your budget
4. Which OS are you more familiar with, when it comes to servers
5. Does your webhost even provide both the OS'

I am just laughing when in Windows you have a button to end a process but after you press that button windows is telling that the process cannot be close....What a joke !!! And I was with windows from the beginning, not so many things changed, especially security !!! Of course Linux is the way if you want to control everything !!!

Which hosting you prefer more ? Linux or Windows..

windows is for .net application websites and linux hosting suits better for php/python and other opensource frameworks Its better depends on the host and their quality and network infrastructure.

Linux is easier to manage than Windows.

Well I'm not sure about that one.

In linux there is a lot of stuff that you need to do with command lines while under windows you only have to click with your mouse. But a bug is more likely to happen under windows than linux so in this manner I agree that linux is more easy to manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.