Known fraud man

maxmind is the way to go . or do it manually make out calls to the numbers and check if they are legit

we use Maxmind along with their telephone verification service, but some fraudsters still get through.

what i mean by that is you get some that will pass the maxmind fraud checks and pay their initial fees, but fail to pay their next invoices and becomes abusive etc. when their services are suspended/terminated for non payment.

this is fraud in my eyes as they are expecting the services for free, so they are marked fraud, invoices passed to debt agency and they are reported to fraudrecord

we use Maxmind along with their telephone verification service, but some fraudsters still get through.

what i mean by that is you get some that will pass the maxmind fraud checks and pay their initial fees, but fail to pay their next invoices and becomes abusive etc. when their services are suspended/terminated for non payment.

this is fraud in my eyes as they are expecting the services for free, so they are marked fraud, invoices passed to debt agency and they are reported to fraudrecord

Maximind is not that great, and the telephone verification can just loose you potential clients who are not fraudsters, just out of being lazy.

I have done it myself, 'oh can't be bothered with this'

Maximind is not that great, and the telephone verification can just loose you potential clients who are not fraudsters, just out of being lazy.

I have not had any problems with Maxmind or their telephone verification working as they should. since we started using their telephone verification service fraud orders have dropped 80% and we have not seen any drop in normal orders.

just some fraudsters are getting crafty and will use details that pass the maxmind fraud checks and then try and get away later on without paying invoices.

MaxMind's phone verification is great. The only problem is how to teach the customers to enter their phone number in the correct format.
And the correct format is: without the international dialing code and without any leading zeroes. I.e. customers from UK should enter just their number, then MaxMind will automatically add +44 and call them.

MaxMind's phone verification is great. The only problem is how to teach the customers to enter their phone number in the correct format.
And the correct format is: without the international dialing code and without any leading zeroes. I.e. customers from UK should enter just their number, then MaxMind will automatically add +44 and call them.

my customers seem to know how to do this, the problems that my customers seem to have is how to listen. the times i have had tickets opened saying " the code was said fast and i did not have time to remember or write it down"

Strange, i have tried MaxMind several times myself (made it call my cell number, there is such function on their website) and it sounded good. Was not too fast or mangled or something. And it is just 4 digits, which are also repeated twice. Hardly a challenge.
And i am not a native English speaker, so i wonder why your customers (presumably mostly from the UK) had such problems.

Strange, i have tried MaxMind several times myself (made it call my cell number, there is such function on their website) and it sounded good. Was not too fast or mangled or something. And it is just 4 digits, which are also repeated twice. Hardly a challenge.
And i am not a native English speaker, so i wonder why your customers (presumably mostly from the UK) had such problems.

exactly, i have used them before as you and it it slow and normal, thankfully does not happen that much.

that reminds me i must check my balance and top up.