Important Factors Choosing A Web Host

Well, we need to consider many factors before moving to this, but the main which we cannot neglect are as below:
1. Price
2. Support
3. Reviews
4. Features/Add-ons
5. Control Panel
6. Website reputation

Support is very important high on the list. Every time we chat to someone about why they left their current host, price was barely mentioned in the conversation. It was support and transparency, a company that was willing to help and not sneakily charge you an arm and leg for it without telling you before hand.

My list would be:
1. Support:thumbup:
2. Reviews
3. Price
4. Hardware
5. Money back guarantee
6. Features
7. Bonuses

1. Support - I agree, this should be in the top 3.
2. Reviews - Don't agree, too many paid for reviews and fakes that are actually just affiliate links.
3. Price - Not Usually. You get what you pay for. So usually the cheaper the price, the worse the experience. ( I know there are exceptions, but they are rare ).
4. Hardware. Again good as you can't build solid hosting on poor hardware.
5. Money back guarantee, before features?
6. Features, but this should be higher, if a host doesn't have the features you need, then why consider them?
7. What are Bonuses?

This is what I would look for if I wasn't a host myself.

1. Features. If the host doesn't have the features you need - Goodbye
2. Infrastructure. If they don't have good servers on a solid network - Goodbye
3. Platform. What OS, What versions of PHP. Security etc.
4. Support. Hopefully, if the first two requirements are met I won't need a lot of this.
5. Money back guarantee. No matter the price, I'd like my money back if they don't deliver.
6. Price. This should not necessarily be the cheapest, but it should be good value.

If you go for the cheapest, this would normally go against support. Price pays for support staff, and quality of the support staff.

Reviews, well you can take or leave them, You should do your research to see if they have any negatives, but I'd take positive reviews with a pinch of salt.

We always find that people value support more than price itself.
I mean price helps, but it comes to a point where being cheap is pointless if no one is around when things turn bad. That's where the relationship goes sour.

No one wants to commit to contracts, or pay money to someone that doesn't reply...

Get 24*7 Web Hosting Technical Support

The market is rife with providers that claim to offer 24*7 technical support that your hosting company can rely on. It’s true that each one of them must have their own service advantages (and disadvantages too, for that matter). However, since it is a success-critical decision for any hosting business to choose the right outsourcing partners for its technical support, here you can come to know where and in which kind of an organization are you more likely to find 24*7 hosting technical support.

1.Domain expertise
2.Experience level
3.Query handling performance
4.Exceptional soft skills
5.Methods of communication
6.Multi layered Support
7.Proficient account management

The market is rife with providers that claim to offer 24*7 technical support that your hosting company can rely on. It’s true that each one of them must have their own service advantages (and disadvantages too, for that matter). However, since it is a success-critical decision for any hosting business to choose the right outsourcing partners for its technical support, here you can come to know where and in which kind of an organization are you more likely to find 24*7 hosting technical support.

1.Domain expertise
2.Experience level
3.Query handling performance
4.Exceptional soft skills
5.Methods of communication
6.Multi layered Support
7.Proficient account management

you are aware that any host can state 24*7 technical support and only provide a written Knowledgebase and they have done nothing wrong as long as the KB has technical questions and answers.

However, since it is a success-critical decision for any hosting business to choose the right outsourcing partners for its technical support
WHY should a hosting business outsource anything.

In France, hosts that provide 24/7 support at a reasonable price tend to have useless support. You can get someone on the phone but they can't do anything to help you.

We provide guaranteed support during the day. And none between 10pm and 8am and our customers are fine with this. When we get bigger we will see if there is a demand for 24/7 but we definetly won't be subcontracting support like some do.

As for the website not being responsive, or using a theme, a custom-designed website is in our opinion a sign of being more serious and investing more for the long term.

For me, I give priority to server uptime and networking. 2nd most important is quick support.

1. Server uptime, networking and performance.
2. Support response time, Resolution time and billing response time.

For me, I always consider these things below before choosing a suitable one

Hosting Space
Hosting Bandwidth
Hosting Domains
Database
Free domain include
Hosting speed
Hosting load capacity
Hosting support
Other features: such as File Manager, FTP Manager, 1-Click install, WordPress support, Unlimited Email accounts,…

Here are the key criteria for choosing a reliable outsourced web hosting technical support partner for your data center or hosting business.

1.Domain Expertise
2.Speed & high degree of responsiveness
3.Zero Downtime
4.Improved brand value
5.Quality and cost-efficient services
6.Customer Satisfaction

I always look for a few things:
1. Reliability
2. Support/Knowledge
3. Price
As the others have said, you get what you pay for really.

These are the important factors before choosing a web host.

1.24/7 support services.
2.99.99% up time.
3.Hardware.
4.Customer Review.
5.Website reputation.
6. Moneyback Guarantee.

Well, factors such as cost, support, reputation and many more have gained prominence while selecting the web hosting. But technical support is one of the most important factors. It doesn't matter how good your web skills, or how reliable the hosting company, naturally some problem may arise when something will go wrong, or you want some answer of questions. When that time comes, you want to make sure you have an excellent customer service team waiting to answer your queries. If no such team exists, you would face lots of problems and that situation may lead you to select another host.

Another aspect to consider is where are the servers physically located? Though it rarely ever happens, if the web hosting company lacks redundancy or remote backup, if any drastic event occurs at the site of the servers, there goes your on-line presence.

To me Uptime is the most important factor. Second would be the CLoudLinux limits ( enough to power a site I want ), and finally is the price.

Unless you are a complete newbie at web developing, less than stellar support should be fine as long as the service is working fine.

Because Good Support + Uptime + Reliability = High Cost, but if you sacrifice one of them :p, you could reduce cost :)

How long has the host been around, it’s beneficial if they have been established for some time, but this doesn’t mean rule out the really new ones but if you are going to choose a newish hoster, ask your self how are you going to feel if your site just disappears and you have no chance of getting it back?