Important Factors Choosing A Web Host

weekhost

Most important, I think your website appearance. If you do not like what he sees a visitor, you can go! Very important that you choose a responsive and mobile ready template.

A small Hosting Checklist (I think) :)

1. Price
2. Tech Specs / Limitations
3. Tech Support
4. Features / Add-Ons
5. Hardware
6. Customer Reviews
7. Control Panel / User Interface
8. Free accessories / Bonus
9. Website age
10. Website reputation

These are only his own insights, what do you think you are?

I'm curious how many web hosting prospects really use their mobile phones to make that decision? First impressions will certainly tilt the odds in your favor or completely against you. Great support at all levels of the organization will minimize customer churn.

1. Price
3. Tech Support
4. Features / Add-Ons
5. Hardware
6. Customer Reviews
9. Website age
10. Website reputation

Thank you for sharing some good points what customer need . Surely this will help hosting companies who are looking for good customer satisfaction and what client wants.

Good post :thumbup:

Most important i think is the service itself. After that comes support but if we think logically with good service you wont need that much support. After all, satisfied customers is the best think that can happen and after that everything comes naturally:) For choosing, satisfied customers wont be enough so good adv. is really a must.

@SenseiSteve more than what we think.
When i was in support team, some customers were even answering to tickets from their cell.
Another example might be website's visits to check latest offers during out of office hours.

I'm curious how many web hosting prospects really use their mobile phones to make that decision? First impressions will certainly tilt the odds in your favor or completely against you. Great support at all levels of the organization will minimize customer churn.

I do, the long train rides to the office can get a bit boring, plus if you're into using analytics i.e. google or bing etc. you'd be surprised how many do run a mobile phone search. Plus there's a mobile friendliness feature as well to check how responsive your site is on mobile devise.

look for price mainly, compare prices of the leading providers. Also take a deep look into features like no. of servers, ram, bandwidth, email etc.
Lookout the after sale service, do they offer 24x7 support.
what is the uptime ?
Also check about providers online reputation by searching the provider name in google, by this you will know the past records about the provider, or you may also get the reviews about them regarding their services.

Plus there's a mobile friendliness feature as well to check how responsive your site is on mobile devise.
I know these tools are out there, and I was using them for a while, but sometimes they'd show the site was mobile friendly when it really wasn't, so I've started checking sites manually on my iPhone instead. That way I know for sure if the sites are mobile optimized.

Most important, I think your website appearance. If you do not like what he sees a visitor, you can go! Very important that you choose a responsive and mobile ready template.

1. Price
3. Tech Support
4. Features / Add-Ons
5. Hardware
6. Customer Reviews
9. Website age
10. Website reputation

All relevant but I don't think price is high on the list. I've used many hosting companies and the more expensive you go the worse they get

The lower the price the more the host needs your business so will be far better on service and assistance

Hi,

1) Data security is the point that is being left in this. A web hosting provider should be ready with the backup when and as needed.
2) Data integrity is the second point that I would like to put forward, in case of server infection or hacks, your data should be isolated and not be harmed.

User responsibility is also equally important. If suppose you are hosting a site with tons of vulnerabilities, then you are still at risk.

A hosting provider would give you a good platform, good scanning tools, but it won't give you support for vulnerabilties in the website.

Yes i think more these days wants a host that has a responsive site, so they can check their control panels etc. while on the move on the smartphones and tablets

1. Price
3. Tech Support
4. Features / Add-Ons
5. Hardware
6. Customer Reviews
9. Website age
10. Website reputation

I too agree to this. You just need to check above points before on boarding

Before choosing the webhost you should check these

1. Look for the hosting which is apt for your needs according to techinical specs, Rate, Features etc and select the best amoung them. or keep a list of most favourable ones and check and compare the rest of the point and decide after that.
2. Check Company's Review in the Forums by any of their customers and other members in the forum.
3. Cross check whether they are having good support and in time support like opening a ticket in odd hours and still you get update and answer the livechats.
4. Google the company name and see if there is any bad mark or entry added any where in the google (say check the first 2 - 3 pages in the google search)
5. Thoroughly read the Terms of Services as well and make sure you understood every point in there as that is the main tool which hosting companies / customers can use whenever there is a dispute.
6. Check and confirm if you will be able to get a hosting account in almost the same or nearby location where your targetted customers are located.
7. Have proper backups in which you also have full access to the backups any time.

I hope support and infrastucture is the main thing that matters in this hosting world and if you stick to your plans and be loyal with your customers, and do proper marketting, customers will come to your at regualr intervals.

1. Price
3. Tech Support
4. Features / Add-Ons
5. Hardware
6. Customer Reviews
9. Website age
10. Website reputation

I would probably put price to to second or third place if you go as main factor price you will find many provider doing heavy overselling to be able to propose that kind of pricing, Especially if they offer the so call ''unlimited hosting'' fluff