Importance of a Toll Free number!!

TheReason said:
Vonage offers toll free numbers but they are more expensive. As people have suggested earlier in the thread use GotVmail they definitely fix alot of the problems that other providers have had.
Personally, I use RingCentral (http://www.ringcentral.com) for toll-free. I never have problems with them. They are cheap and easy to use.

I defnitely think you need a toll-free number. And if you have one, I agree with what someone else wrote - have voice mail on it.

Libby

Why have a great tool without another standard tool! No VM and you will lose customers, in this internet crazed business where everyone wants their info now, a client getting VM and leaving a message you are still bound to lose them as clients, but honestly, if you don't have VM, toll free or not, what's the sense of having a phone #? I know I can't answer my phone everytime.

I don't think anyone could pick up their phone all the time. And if you can, I have a phrase for you: maybe you might want to get out more. Seriously. No matter how important your hosting buisness is, you can't let it get in the way of your life.

No and I don't even know if customers expect you to always answer (well, maybe some do :)). But voicemail at least gives you the feeling that someone will hear it and get back to you.

Libby

lpelham said:
No and I don't even know if customers expect you to always answer (well, maybe some do :)). But voicemail at least gives you the feeling that someone will hear it and get back to you.

Libby
That's how I work with my customers. They know I can't have people on the phones 24/7 like I can the helpdesk. But they like to see the # and know its there

Having a toll free number for your company conveys a sense of size and importance. Often, it also means more incoming calls, and more business for your firm. Callers often won?t hesitate to call and inquire about your products and services if they know that the call is free. The fact is, the sight of a toll free number is something that subconsciously stirs an idea of professionalism.

I battled back and forth many times with this issue, and I have been through a mess of toll free numbers based on who my provider was. I do not receive many phone calls, but, when I get a new customer who is not real familiar with the web, they like to call and speak to a live person.

Today I use Vonage for my company, it allows me to call all over the country for free myself, and International rate is not bad at all for me.

Also, with Vonage, I am able to SimuliRing my phone to several support people since all my consultants/support are remote.

Works great!