Importance of a Toll Free number!!

frattay22

How important is a toll free number to you and your business? It should be one of the top issues when starting up a company. It bascially cost pennies to the dollars to setup and maintaine. It will give you a professional feeling and look.

For example: This is very cost effective and makes your clients feel safe. Lets say for example you are hosting 50 Clients and your server has a down time of 1 hour split into four 15 minute intervals. One of them is at 1pm EST the other one is at 3am EST and the other two are pretty much the same time but two weeks later. Lets say 50% of your Clients are from Aussie land and half are from the States. That means that 25 would experience a 30 minute down time during business hours for the month while the others are not during business hours.

Lets say that half call during the down time that would be 25 calls @ 1-2minutes @ $1.50 for all the phone calls to tell them that you are looking into the issue. That is all that they phone calls should consit of. "Thank you for calling" "How may I assist you this evening" Client "Well it doesn't seem like our site is live" You "Sir/Mam, let me look at this real quick to see if I can get access" lets say that it is down "We will look into this ASAP and see what the deal is" "Is there anything else you need" Them "No thanks," You "Thank you for calling support and if you need anything else please Call us or submit a ticket via web site"

That is all you have to do to get a "Personal Touch" to your clients AT A 6 Cent Cost!!!!!!!!

Another thing is when people are searching your site they are for sure looking for a toll free number or a live chat button on your site. I can not express how many phone calls I have gotten for hosting and believe it or not Web Design just for my Toll Free number being on our contact page.

Also if you are going to get a toll free number use it for Business use and not personal use it can get costly that way. Its a business line use it as a business line. Short and sweet and to the point!!!!!!

That is it for now. Hope this helps a few of ya'll

Frank

A toll free number is crucial to building a strong business brand. I have had run ins with people that offer toll free numbers and for some odd reason they are never around to answer it! (or they did not want to go over there plan limits and pay overage fees) Whatever it is there needs to be some sort of voicemail or virtual pbx to answer any and all calls if your not able to do so yourself. I have actuallly thought about getting a toll free number and just calling clients back within a reasonable amount of time. Instead of having them hold on a call which is costing me money or just not answering.

Yes I agree, if you are not around you should have a Virtual box to say what the plans are etc.. but they can view that on the site. Usualy you want them to call for support or for sales. If you look at your logs on the phone site and they do not leave a message do call them back to follow up to see if there is anything you can do for them. And if not at this time give them your toll free number to get back to you at so they feel it wont cost them a penny to get more info.

To add onto what I was saying.

Lets say you speak for 2 hours via support or sales on your toll free line. That costs you a Grand total of 7 dollars and 20 cents. That is VERY CHEAP let me repeat that. That is the cheapest support you can give someone at no cost to them.

TheDataCat, we have tried many providers and have stuck with is800.com they are pretty nice nothing specail just a redirect number which is what all we need.

We've been using Kall8 for our toll-free number for almost 2 years, and haven't had any problems. We're in the process of switching over to our own Asterisk VoIP switch.

tollfreeforwarding.com has also cheap prices.
i run a small bussiness in Romania , and 90 % of my clients are from USA , so i had to get a toll free number to offer the best support given by a foreign web site ...

As of today, I have one client in Boston, one in Texas and one in Austrailia. The majority of them are local to me here in NJ, word of mouth..... anyway, I have gone back and forth with toll free numbers in the past, use to use ureach.com, but then decided it was not worth it. Perhaps I am mistaken in this, as my client called me the other day on my NJ number.....because they were down. I know I am not happy when I have to reach out for assistance and pay LD rates... perhaps as I begin to grow, and expand outside my home area, I should really invest again in a Toll Free #.... good arguments are made above for this!

We've been in the toll free business for a few years and we hear the same customer needs.

Every small business now needs a toll free number / toll free services to compete nationwide. Toll free services offer advanced calling systems that a user can setup to follow him around wherever he is or redirect a phone call to anyone. Toll Free Service providers now bank on the business need to reach out to customers. Small business need toll free numbers for sales, support and billing. Toll Free services now offer unified communication services that include call conferencing for internal business meetings, fax services, voicemail that can be downloadble thru any browser or received from email, auto attendant call forwarding systems. These services give you the edge.

If you want more customer recall, setup a vanity number that says 1800MORTGAGE or 1800FLOWERS. You can reap multiple benefits afterwards.

Tollfreeexpress

www.tollfreeexpress.com

^^^^ tollfreeexpress

do these numbers have area restrictions? are they global, north american? I am very interested in this service, the price is right thats for sure. :)

The only thing that annoys me is a company that does not answer the toll free line or does not even have a voicemail in service for people to leave a message!

We've only recently begun using tollfreemax.com. Not quite sure how I feel about them yet....their site has been unreachable 75% of the time and their live support has been entirely useless. Two different support people led me off on completely opposite tangents on how to do something as simple as setting up voice mail, and when I finally figured it out on my own it turned out neither one was right :/. Cheap though..

Tollfreeforwarding.com.... has not been down yet...... works good.. I guess with no down time I cannot say how their support is... rather keep it that way, most support staff's do not really excite me. Most are unavailable or not knowledgable.

As for the post about no voice mail. Kinda silly... why have a # that keeps ringing. Mine goes to my phone, which obvisouly has vm! That is just silly!

Hah...yeah well we're supposed to have voice mail. We're also setting up a PBX box in the very near future, but this is ridiculous. Right now our number just rings to the cell phone of whichever of our staff people is on call. What a pain.

webhosting4u said:
Tollfreeforwarding.com.... has not been down yet...... works good.. I guess with no down time I cannot say how their support is... rather keep it that way, most support staff's do not really excite me. Most are unavailable or not knowledgable.

As for the post about no voice mail. Kinda silly... why have a # that keeps ringing. Mine goes to my phone, which obvisouly has vm! That is just silly!

is their site down?

http://www.tollfreeexpress.com/ can't hit it right now...

Never Use This Service!!!

They are a scam. They claim to bill "per min" (which is horible anyway) , however, when I tested my new number on TollFreeMax with a three second phone call to myself I was surprised to find I had 7 minutes deducted from my account! On the 100 min plan you really only get 50 due to hidden fees. When I went to cancel they had charged me a $25.00 cancelation fee. WHAT! I recomend that nobody use this service. Instead try http://www.GotVmail.com. They have 6 second billing and great customer service.

:mad:

webhosting4u said:

Just as an FYI, and I am sorry I did not post, don't use this company! Even though I did not use my minutes, I still had to pay. There was a minimum $10 charge or something, for the minutes I did not use. The details are foggy to say the least, I actually changed my entire approach and went with Vonage!

I have a great system with all the tools I could need!

Vonage offers toll free numbers but they are more expensive. As people have suggested earlier in the thread use GotVmail they definitely fix alot of the problems that other providers have had.