Impact of Recession on IPv4 Sales

NocRoom

Although the total number of IPv4 transfer requests was down in May 2022, it is still too early to tell how the recession will impact IPv4 sales for the year. In general, economic recessions tend to have a negative impact on consumer spending, which could lead to fewer people buying new IP addresses.

However, there are also a number of factors that could offset this trend. For example, many companies have been forced to move their operations online in recent months, which has increased the demand for IP addresses. Additionally, some governments have started investing more heavily in digital infrastructure projects during the pandemic, which could also lead to an increase in demand for IP addresses. As a result, it is still unclear how the recession will ultimately impact IPv4 sales in the coming months.

And which recession you are talking about ?
On the other side, there have been lots of discussion about IPv4 sales and availability. From all that I can say that for next couple of years, IPv4 is going remain hot. There are various reason primary one that big hoarders of IPv4 doesn't want to migrate to IPv6 to save cost and hassle. And there is no obligation of switching to IPv6. Yes, increasing price of IPv4 may push some IPv6 adaptations.

Although the total number of IPv4 transfer requests was down in May 2022, it is still too early to tell how the recession will impact IPv4 sales for the year. In general, economic recessions tend to have a negative impact on consumer spending, which could lead to fewer people buying new IP addresses.

However, there are also a number of factors that could offset this trend. For example, many companies have been forced to move their operations online in recent months, which has increased the demand for IP addresses. Additionally, some governments have started investing more heavily in digital infrastructure projects during the pandemic, which could also lead to an increase in demand for IP addresses. As a result, it is still unclear how the recession will ultimately impact IPv4 sales in the coming months.
With all due respect, it is a good idea to open threads when you have something meaningful to say. Not when "it is still unclear" and when you have no idea what are you talking about and what would happen in any market niche. I saw you want to promote your website. Great. There are other ways to do it, however. Trolling HD with meaningless threads in the wrong section is not the brightest idea.

With all due respect, it is a good idea to open threads when you have something meaningful to say. Not when "it is still unclear" and when you have no idea what are you talking about and what would happen in any market niche. I saw you want to promote your website. Great. There are other ways to do it, however. Trolling HD with meaningless threads in the wrong section is not the brightest idea.
I think this was more an invitation to discuss where people think the market's going. I think it's the kind of think that impacts an IPv4 investor or larger holder rather than end customer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saranya Subramaniam