How would you rate these control panels?

SenseiSteve

HD Moderator
Staff member
Simply curious how you would rank these control panels; specifically why while addressing the pro's and con's.

cPanel
Plesk
DirectAdmin
Vesta
Webmin
Virtualmin
Other worth mentioning

I would Rank as below, on the basis of backup facility, Email Management, managing multiple domains, Apache Handlers, mime type and etc..
1 cPanel
2 DirectAdmin
3 Plesk
4 Vesta
5 Virtualmin
6 Webmin
and others

I would rank as follows by considering some features of all cpanels namely- email management, pre-installed CGI Scripts, FTP Management, Site Management, Database control, Network tools and still many more..
1. Cpanel
2. Plesk
3. Directadmin
4. Vesta
5. VirtualMin
6. Webmin
7. zpanel
& others

Based on Stability, support, backup facility, Domain and Email Management, Apache Handlers, etc etc..
1 cPanel
2 Plesk
3 DirectAdmin
4 Vesta
5 Virtualmin
6 Webmin

For guys who want to host domains while at the same time hosting audio stream on the same server without paying there is zPanel it does the job even though its not the best out there

For guys who want to host domains while at the same time hosting audio stream on the same server without paying there is zPanel it does the job even though its not the best out there

zPanel hasn't been updated in over 1 1/2 years, has it? Or am I thinking of some other panel?

I'm surprised WebsitePanel wasn't mentioned here. For Windows - I would recommend it.

For Unix/Linux - I would only recommend cPanel. Perhaps Plesk will improve now that Ingram is at the helm. We will see...

Just my two cents.

By The way there is also Centos-webpanel. It does both webhosting ans shoutcast streaming. I have not tasted it extensively for web hosting BUT its shoutcast works perfectly and if you dont want to pay for centova it will offer a fair alternative

I would suggest the following order.

1 cPanel
2 Plesk
3 DirectAdmin
4 Vesta
5 Virtualmin

However with Virtualmin I'd be careful as with everything make sure you have it locked down and keep up with updates. We had a clients webmin install give someone root access which is never fun!

I would rank as follows due to the features provided.

1. cPanel
2. Plesk
3. DirectAdmin
4. Webmin
5. Virtualmin
6. Vesta