how to prevent ddos attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
But from what I understand Cloudflare will only help with name based attacks. Its not going to help if your ips are being attacked directly.

The only service I have encountered myself is Cloudflare, though I am sure there are plenty more. But as the attackers get more advanced, you may want to consider something more advanced too

But from what I understand Cloudflare will only help with name based attacks. Its not going to help if your ips are being attacked directly.

Cloudflare has Advanced DDoS Protection Service which will help from any DDoS attack not only name servers, cloud flare is another layer of your security for your website. please read everything about their Advanced DDoS Protection on their website - https://www.cloudflare.com/ddos/

I hope this helps ;)

There is no way to prevent this unfortunatly but there is multiple ways to block these attacks. Cloudflares or incapsula are good ways. There is also hosting plans with DDoS protection included.

The best way to protect against a flood of traffic coming into your network is to, quite simply, get it away from your network. A DDoS attack tries to funnel traffic from all over the world down your single network connection. If you can get that traffic to go elsewhere, then your network connection is free to respond to legitimate requests.

What to do in the case when the owner of the websource even doesn't know the probably causes of the attack?

there are a lot of suppliers that offer DDOS protection for free these days. cloudfare is another option but as stated before these are only purely to help stop attacks, if someone wants to attack your server they are going to attack it. it doesnt matter what preventative measures you put in place they will bring the server down eventually. some people see highly protected servers as a challenge.

the key is to keep backups regular (frequency is dependant on you)

DDoS attack becoming more powerful and more complicated, so defense with own forces becomes almost impossible.
You need to search anti-DDoS services like StormWall and talk about price.

Hi friends how can I prevent DDOS attack ,I can not pay highly paid softwares

You cannot prevent DDoS like you cannot prevent spam getting into you email,

The fact that the network is accessible to anyone make it impossible to prevent it, You can mitigate it with the proper equipment and network however surely not done via software solution.

Here are some ways to prevent your DDOS attack

1. Ensure you have extra bandwidth
2. Make your architecture as resilient as possible
3. Create a DDoS action plan
4. Improve the security of your Internet of Things (IoT) devices
5. Monitor traffic levels
6. Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
7. Use secured Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting

How to Prevent DOS Attacks

- Use an Intrusion Detection System – your system should monitor anomalous activity and provide early warning so you can head off a DOS attack

- Deploy a Reverse Proxy – a collection of reverse proxies deployed in many locations can act as a “bouncer” and monitor who is allowed into your network

- Enable Rate Limiting Alarms – when a user surpasses a certain amount of bandwidth you will be notified so you can monitor to see if they represent a threat

- Block IP Addresses – block any addresses that are known to be associated with attacks

Free or premium cloud flare is the best option for protecting against a ddos attack.
Also would recommend CDN services for better delivery of your content to your users.
DDOS attacks can't be stopped but you can limit the effect the attack will have on your site to service.
The most affordable way to limit the effects of a ddos attack would be to a firewall.
Most hosting companies or website hosting providers offer ddos protection as standard, so you shouldn't need to worry.

Free or premium cloud flare is the best option for protecting against a ddos attack.
Also would recommend CDN services for better delivery of your content to your users.
DDOS attacks can't be stopped but you can limit the effect the attack will have on your site to service.
The most affordable way to limit the effects of a ddos attack would be to a firewall.
Most hosting companies or website hosting providers offer ddos protection as standard, so you shouldn't need to worry.
You also have the ones sending Spam, Malware, doing DDOS attacks also using cloudflare to hide behind, so in my eyes cloudflare protect the attackers and then victims

When it comes to DDoS, things may change over the years. Probably not the best idea to resurrect a 5-year old discussion, but if someone wants to spin off a new conversation, they are welcome to.

I will, however, lock this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.