How market my web hosting business worldwide.

bgsa2472

There are a lot of web reselling hosting out there. I'm not familiar with marketing and getting some clients worldwide, anybody can help me?

Its all about targeting a specific group of people. What does your company focus on? What makes you diffirent than other companies out there? Also, local businesses are a good place to start with as well. You could get a few clients that live near you.

Just start posting in forums, web hosting related websites, and maybe even coupon sites such as retailmenot.com. International clients come from any venue you advertise in. Like romes has stated, getting local clients would definitely work also. There are many small businesses out there that do not have a website at all and convincing them to jump on the bandwagon would be beneficial for both of you.

On the other hand, you can always target a specific audience as stated by romes also. You can choose to market to Magento Shopping Cart users, Ruby on Rails developers, Blogging Enthusiasts, FFmpeg Hosting clients (if you have the capability to offer it), and many other fields of interest that users are looking for.

Totally agree with Romes. The first thing you need to do is to find an audience to target and define some features that makes your service different from other companies. As soon as you do that, you can try some PPC campaigns to reach this group (adwords and yahoo sponsored search are the first that come to mind) + post on forums, do some SEO.

I'm no expert... but a few things that come to mind...

1. Rethink your website keywords... rethink your website SEO in general... maybe pay someone to do this for you.

2. Post on forums.

3. PPC Adds.... be ready to invest a bit before you begin to see a return...

Targeting local market will be the best idea for startup companies instead of going for international clients which need lot of focus on sales and support

Until you can build a client base and have some income to cover advertising costs, I suggest you make use of all the web hosting forums such as this one that allow you to respond to web hosting requests, and also post your own special offers.

If you go to Google and search for "Web Hosting Forum", you'll see a lot of different forums. Just register on the ones that allow you to post offers weekly at least.

After you get some income, you can start looking into text or banner advertising on other relevent websites.

There are a lot of web reselling hosting out there. I'm not familiar with marketing and getting some clients worldwide, anybody can help me?

It's hard to market worldwide. It's easier to market to a specific group, whether that means people near you or a particular niche.

I am not sure that the SEO technique will work out for new start up companies, people buying hosting packages this days are checking each and everything of the host starting from the day its started

It's all about find a "niche" something unique and targeting the right audience for it. as you can imagine there are a lot of hosts out there that have great ideas.

Customers won't come quick. You'll have to work hard to advertise and bring in new audiences. Is this a new business?

Here are a few thing, if you never saw a commercial of "COKE" would you know Coke exists, If your friend never told you about coke, would you know it exists, If you never saw Coke in stores how would you buy it?

Best way to get customers is paid advertising, but don't expect to make your money right away, if you decide hosting for you, it takes years to build a successful company.

Advertising is key in order to get your name out there. Some companies get lucky and end up with a few hundred clients within months, others takes years before a good client base finally comes.

It takes time, money, and patience in order to run a successful hosting company.

Create reviews, join hosting rating sites, request reviews from certain companies, post at forums, use ppc advertising, join blogs and social portals. There are tons of ways to gain more popularity :)

In order to market and be popular you need to be very friendly and be able to have lots of options for your customers. Have lots of different locations for hosting, in different countries.