How Many Messengers?

EQWebHost said:
I suggest you try Trillian, you can Google it and find it. I think its from Corillian designs (or something like that). It allows you to run all of those messenger simultaniously in just one messenger.
In my opinion, that's the best way to do it. That way you have all of the messengers covered without having to have 5 of them open at once!

I use the same type of messenger, meebo.com . I can open my AIM, YM, MSN, ICQ, etc. all at the same by logging on to a single website. I use it for personal purposes and not for handling customer issues.

Having a single point of contact is very important so you can address your clients' issues in a more organized manner. Let's say, you are talking with 2-3 clients on each messenger, wouldn't that be quite a mess? That can be really confusing and you cannot focus on a single problem at hand. I suggest that you get an online chat software/service integrated in your website so you can address a single issue of a client one at a time.

I used to use YIM, MSN, ICQ, AIM, MIRC all in one program. These days though, you won't really need them. Your better off using LIVE chat on your hosting site, or setting up a forum or even a support ticket system. Email is also good, especially if you use outlook and have it refresh every min or two.

We've tried many things over the years and for quite some time now, we only use email, ticket, toll free number and a forum. Out of that, our clients email and ticket system, any pre-sales questions are mostly email.

I didn't list the program I used earlier. I was using trillian messenger back then, which at that time was HORRIBLE! It basically corrupted my accounts after a certain plugin. I hear they are MUCH better now, but I wouldn't go back into using it. I use MSN mostly and don't have many friends on aim/yahoo etc.. Most of them have moved with me on msn.

I usually streamline support through ticketing system. Messengers are only for those clients who'd love to catch me online and throw in questions. It used to waste alot of time for they would then start chatting and the situatino became uneasy one, where i wasn't comfortable and couldn't refuse politely. Now i don't use messengers, life is much better and tickets are doing the job.

Using multiple messengers will waste a lot of your time. I never use messengers to clarify the doubts and technical difficulties of my customers rather I would mail them. When I say email, It doesn't mean it can be sent anytime. They need immediate response from me and First attend their complaints and then only I will do other works. If you are not responding your client then you are at the risk of loosing your customers.

Like has already been post we use ticket support, Email and a 24 hour contact number, we not got enough staff to continue a live chat support. but that would be coming soon, most of the times we prefer a custom soluation.

John