How Long...

Longest first-response wait time: 7 hours

Longest follow-up response wait time: 12 hours (issue was not critical - the provider had some research to do)

Yea once it passed the 2nd day I decided to leave the host I had my site down for a week and still had to pay.

Don't really remember. I've been with the same host for years and it seems like the longest reply was a couple of hours.

My old DC was horrible. I went 3 days without a answer and my server was down those 3 days. That was the longest ever for me.

My longest wait was 12 hours, while my shortest wait was 5 minutes.

Both were from the same provider, so you can see the big difference.

Depending on the issue, sometimes there are DAYS for responses from the companies that we deal with.

An accounting issue we have often seen going a few days (and even in one case, almost 2 weeks - it was a crazy issue, so we don't mind).

If it's a reboot request - less than 15 minutes
A programming issue (customer needs help with their program) - up to 24 hours
Normal questions and answers - less than 4 hours is the goal.

Solution may not be provided in 24 hours , but If you have not get any response ( not saying solution:)) in 24 hours, change your company:))

Solution may not be provided in 24 hours , but If you have not get any response ( not saying solution) in 24 hours, change your company

That is not a hosting company that doesn't provide response for the customer within 24 hours :)

Usuualy the problems should be resolved within 12 hours, but sometimes it can take 24 or 72 hours(for example, when there is a domain propagation time).

Last edited: