How do you keep bookkeeping?

I'll go specific and say that we use Quickbooks Online for both accounting and payroll and that works extremely well. Our other systems are custom-built.

we are using excel currently haha it's a bit of a joke we are about to change not sure what we want to use, yet to try a few programs out.

Hello,

Bookkeeping records can be done in a variety of ways.
• Handwritten systems, which are by hand kept.
• Handwritten systems where you can make use of sensitized paper.
• Accounting machine systems.
• Computerised systems.

It isn't very expensive to hire a bookkeeper. Your accountant may offer this service or can recommend someone.

I use QuickBooks Pro for taxes and payroll and WHMCS. This is the first year using Quickbooks for me and I love it!

I like quickbooks, but whmcs is nice because it does more than just billing--it handles support, reports, etc. You have fewer programs to worry about.

Quickbooks Pro is my favorite program for book keepings, but I've heard some very nice things about whmcs and might switch in a couple months just to see what it's like. I really like the idea of managing support a different way, and since whmcs is said to be customizable, I wonder if it will be the better program in the long run.

Personally, we don't handle any of our bookkeeping or accounting but we have tried the following accounting software ourselves and also prefer Simply Accounting Pro Vs. Quickbooks. Our Accountant uses Simply Accounting Pro. In addition, our Bookkeeper is also using Simply Accounting Pro. If you're planning on doing the bookkeeping yourself then I would suggest Quickbooks. I found Quickbooks is more for business owners who want to manage their own work, 1-3 employees for payroll etc..

With Simply Accounting Pro, when doing account reconciliation you can enter an unlimited number of expense and income transactions which is a plus! and there is a nifty module that allows you to easily remit payroll deductions. However, should you make an error with Simply Accounting Pro, the error cannot be deleted or revised. Instead, you'd have to do a reversal entry. What does this mean? You can't hide any of your work.

If your business is simple, I would go with Quickbooks since it's cheaper, easier to use and gets the job done. From an accountants perspective, we've heard that Simply Accounting Pro is technically a better system Vs. Quickbooks.

WHMCS is great at keeping transaction records but personally, i wouldn't consider WHMCS actual bookkeeping software. Hope this helps and good luck on finding the software that's right for you.