How do you keep bookkeeping?

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
How do you keep bookkeeping of your company (if you do it yourself that is)? What program/software do you use?

I just use plain ol whmcs. It works great and keeps everything organized. I might get chewed out for it, but I like it. It works for me.

You cant just use CE, whmcs etc for book keeping - unless you simply export to csv and then manually add in all your transaction, accounts, trasaction fees etc.

In the UK there is an online accounting software that suck in your paypal transactions (and more) and is great for working with billing and invoicing software.

Otherwise you have the usual suspects, myob, sage etc.

All my accounting is done using Quickbooks Pro 2009. Typically once or twice a month I will enter all the transactions for that time period. I find that many of the bookkeepers cost to much for what you get. I can do it myself just as easy. Might as well use that accounting degree I have.

Many hosting companies do believe its ok to use billing software. They confuse them with accounting software. An accounting system is so much more than a billing system. A billing system will not tell you, your largest expense each month is Intuit the owners of Quick Books.

I have been really hoping for a solution that would easily import WHMCS, Client Exec, etc information into Quick Books or Peachtree. I think it is essiential for good record keeping in growing your business; however, I haven't seen it yet.

Hi Check this free online service

Mod note: Post removed. Advertising is not allowed here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been really hoping for a solution that would easily import WHMCS, Client Exec, etc information into Quick Books or Peachtree. I think it is essiential for good record keeping in growing your business; however, I haven't seen it yet.

Maybe whmcs will partner up with quickbooks and do it someday :)

I typically use ubersmith and export to quickbooks. Our accountant then goes through the information on a regular basis to do auditing and tax filings.

What software would be good to keep track of monthly, quarterly, semi-an, and yearly income? Not to mention expenses?

I've used Quicken, but been hearing more about Quickbook these days. Anyone out there know which each is better for, or if there is much of a difference between the two products?