How do you feel about outsourcing?

Personally I am againt outsourced support.

One of the FEW edges that small hosts have on the big guys like godaddy and hostgator, is the personal attention supplied to clients. I love being given support answers that don't need clarification... I love being given support answers that I feel weren't simply thrown in to meet a guarantee for a reply time.

I love building relationships with my clients, and seeing there "e-smile" when I know I or one of my techs provided above and beyond support.

I have been outsourcing a lot of jobs for a long time..it is cheap but sometimes you do not get a good quality jobs.
Bottom line..only use it if you need cheap work but do not care about quality

Outsourcing is good but we like to take the "personable" approach with out clients. You loose that personable feel when you outsource your support. We personally like to interact with our customers whether it be live chat or through ticketing.

You can outsource your support service to a reliable client like R00t-services.net
I have heard that they offer good reliable services at much cheaper prices. But if you have your own team and confident about your service then you should do it by your own.

"Outsourcing" is still a bad word in this business but that trend slowly and surely changes for the better. One still associates it with poor quality when that is not necessarily the same - here is where the CEO's should realize they are also an active part of this process.

For starter companies this is still considered to be a great way of cutting costs but don't fall into the trap into thinking its a self-governed service. It's best to invest a little more for starters but to be sure you've chosen the right company for your outsourcing. Ask around a little, compare opinions, in short - do your homework, it can only do you good :magnify:
You cannot expect to pay only a couple of bucks and not get 6 monkeys in a cage, sharing an Atari computer :crash:

Once having the right partner you have to be actively involved with the training and monitoring of the employees. Have them trained about your company values too, provide them with nice side perks and bonuses and soon you should see results. Send some of your senior staff for training purposes, even visit them yourself, let them put some faces to their employer names, it will work wonders in their team spirit.

Personally we don't use outsourcing services, simply because we have enough bright, young minds at our disposal and in our area, but globally speaking I see a big development in this business and will be interested to see how it evolves in the next few years.

depend on your capability. if your are new grow company, outsourced would be an idea to help you in 24 x 7.

As a small startup, I find it's best to bring a more personal style of support to the table.

Outsourcing is great for those who are growing at a bigger rate and need to increase the amount of support they need to give to their clients

Outsourcing is not a good idea for me. I prefer to hire someone to do this job. I would only recommend outsource your support if only you need foreign language support

Outsourcing is good for level 1 service. Most issues are end-user problem. Only the server maintain or upgrade will need you to handle it by yourself. But the changes is less than the end-user issue. It is a good service if you have a part time job.

Outsourcing support does not seem a good idea to me. This means giving access details to my system to people I do not know and I cannot trust. I would rather hire additional employee fo that.

<MOD NOTE: Signature removed.>

Last edited:
Depends on both companies involved and the contracted relationship. Outsourcing to a dedicated support provider can immediately give a company a larger support presence than if they did it all internally, and often with technical staff that has years of experience.

It keeps down costs and all parties know they are getting quality. Thats the issue I would have. No matter how good your website says you are, quality is unknown until you have experienced it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hostys