How can I improve my site?

only1yoni

Hi there,

I own QuestHost.com I have been in business for the past 6 years, I'd like to have the communities feedback on what can I improve on my site to make it more attractive ?

Do my package deals compete with the rest of the industry?

Thanx guys!

Hi,
Here is my feedback: Overall the site looks nice. Here are the red flags that i saw:
- Broken link at checkout - i have to read and accept the ToS, but the link to the ToS is broken.
- Both name servers for the domain (ns1.bissly.com and ns2.bissly.com) are on consecutive IPs. This is bad. You name servers should be in different geographical places / different networks.
- Your twitter activity seems very strange. Seems like you are a loan company, not a webhost.
- The domain was auctioned on WHT 2 years ago.

I hope this helps.

- Both name servers for the domain (ns1.bissly.com and ns2.bissly.com) are on consecutive IPs. This is bad. You name servers should be in different geographical places / different networks.

HAHAHA. who says so. 99.99999% of nameservers use consecutive IPS.

Indeed. There are too many "hosting providers" that just buy a reseller hosting account somewhere and have no idea what they are doing and how things should be done.

2.5 Network diversity

2.5.1 The name servers must be in at least two topologically separate networks.

2.5.2 A network is defined as an origin autonomous system in the BGP routing table.

Also if it was a LEGAL requirement (enforceable by law) do you not think ICANN would take action against anyone not compling to this

Legal requirement? On the internet? Come on :)
It is the best practice and highly recommended to have your DNS servers on different networks. Nobody will kill you if you don't. But having your DNS servers on consecutive IPs (and probably on the same server) is an easily avoidable single point of failure. Which is probably OK for your grandma's website, but for a hosting provider... you should know better.

Legal requirement? On the internet? Come on :)
It is the best practice and highly recommended to have your DNS servers on different networks. Nobody will kill you if you don't. But having your DNS servers on consecutive IPs (and probably on the same server) is an easily avoidable single point of failure. Which is probably OK for your grandma's website, but for a hosting provider... you should know better.

as i stated 99.99999% of nameservers use consecutive IPS. I have even seen some hosts use a single IP for both nameservers

anyone that gets a VPS will either be given a single IP or 2 consecutive IPs.

my legal requirement comment was the fact that ICANN can say its a requirement, but its not enforceable. If they want this to be a requirement then they should make it so that a single IP or consecutive IPS would be rejected in setting up nameservers, but a system like this would cost too much too implement

as i stated 99.99999% of nameservers use consecutive IPS. I have even seen some hosts use a single IP for both nameservers

anyone that gets a VPS will either be given a single IP or 2 consecutive IPs.

my legal requirement comment was the fact that ICANN can say its a requirement, but its not enforceable. If they want this to be a requirement then they should make it so that a single IP or consecutive IPS would be rejected in setting up nameservers, but a system like this would cost too much too implement

Do you even know what that guy is trying to explain and what you are saying. Its for our good practice and yes we don't even follow and thats same with me. Is best practice to have that to be on safer side. so you are arguing without any reason.

Last edited:
@easyhostmedia stop being cheap. Get a $5-$10 VPS or two from some reputable providers, install cPanel dnsonly (free) and you can have your own DNS cluster, with good diversity and reliability. Would make you look better in the eyes of some of your potential customers.

Do you even know what that guy is trying to explain and what you are saying. Its for our good practice and yes we don't even follow and thats same with me. Is best practice to have that to be on safer side. so you are arguing without any reason.

yes i do and i was just saying 99.99999% of nameservers dont follow what ICANN require and ICANN cant enforce this. which is a FACT.

@easyhostmedia stop being cheap. Get a $5-$10 VPS or two from some reputable providers, install cPanel dnsonly (free) and you can have your own DNS cluster, with good diversity and reliability. Would make you look better in the eyes of some of your potential customers.

yes i am fully aware of DNS cluster and use this myself across all my our servers

yes i am fully aware of DNS cluster and use this myself across all my our servers

Yes, i see ;-)

$ host -t ns niceday-hosting.co.uk
niceday-hosting.co.uk name server ns2.easyasabc-hosting.com.
niceday-hosting.co.uk name server ns1.easyasabc-hosting.com.

$ host ns1.easyasabc-hosting.com.
ns1.easyasabc-hosting.com has address 176.31.147.73
$ host ns2.easyasabc-hosting.com.
ns2.easyasabc-hosting.com has address 176.31.147.75

Nice cluster - 176.31.147.73 and 176.31.147.75 :p

Anyway, enough with the offtopic. My suggestion to the OP still stands - his hosting company would look better if he had a secondary name server somewhere else.

Yes, i see ;-)

$ host -t ns niceday-hosting.co.uk
niceday-hosting.co.uk name server ns2.easyasabc-hosting.com.
niceday-hosting.co.uk name server ns1.easyasabc-hosting.com.

$ host ns1.easyasabc-hosting.com.
ns1.easyasabc-hosting.com has address 176.31.147.73
$ host ns2.easyasabc-hosting.com.
ns2.easyasabc-hosting.com has address 176.31.147.75

Nice cluster - 176.31.147.73 and 176.31.147.75 :p

Anyway, enough with the offtopic. My suggestion to the OP still stands - his hosting company would look better if he had a secondary name server somewhere else.

strange as my nameservers are NOT

ns2.easyasabc-hosting.com.
ns1.easyasabc-hosting.com.

yes i do and i was just saying 99.99999% of nameservers dont follow what ICANN require and ICANN cant enforce this. which is a FACT.

Dude why would ICANN force you. They have realease out some useful point for us. Its best to follow or they are not going to loose something.

Same, Google adwords is for all users. If you dont want to run ads then its upto you. Will will not force your website ranking down if you dont. Its for your good to market your product globally

he stated
You name servers should be in different geographical places / different networks.

then quotes the ICANN requirements which i stated that 99.99999% of nameservers dont follow what ICANN require and ICANN cant enforce this. which is a FACT