Hostname Cannot be "White labeled" and important ensuring doing this?

My god you really don't know what is SSL and how it work....
I suggest you to make some reaserch....
Now here is few facts for you(not my opinions..but proven facts)
If you order OV SSL or EV SSL...you will get same SSL...same ...EV mean they will make check on you and your company...but SSL is exactly the same....and...they provide you same SSL you can generate by your self...use same technology....
Your server is one that make encryption(that is why you must install it)...not their..once they give you SSL you are finish with them...there is no communication any more...
Once again make some reaserch...SelfSignedSSL,Free SSL or any paid SSL provide same level of traffic encryption..and once again it is fact..not opinion.....I will provide you here same material so you can read..it sad that I can find people who don't understand these basics...it is not proble when my buyer don't know this..but you must understand it since you are in this business.....It is all about trust...SSL resolve only 2 things..
1.traffic encryption....it is what SSL is about
2.trust of chain...marketing thing
I repeat 256 bit encryption is 256 bit encryption evrywhere.....OpenSSL is Open SSL everywhere.....only thing why companies goes for EV SSL is marketing purpose...protection is same like DV SSL but with EV you are telling your customers that you are real company and that your company is verified....
And level of assurance is just marketing..nothing more...

i know fully how they work and have been selling them for years. they offer different protection and assurances that is why they are grouped differently.

i know fully how they work and have been selling them for years. they offer different protection and assurances that is why they are grouped differently.

SSL are grouped differently because they provide different verification level not protection....
I will end this...you have bunch of materials online to study....

MOD NOTE: Edited for content.

SSL are grouped differently because they provide different verification level not protection....
I will end this...you have bunch of materials online to study....

MOD NOTE: Edited for content.

not really as i can order a DV and OV and not go through any different verification process.

they all offer different assurances and protection levels.

I understand this problem but personally I think many of do not care about it or don't know anything about it.

If you are talking about hostname of server which redirect you to control panel then it can be turn off from Hosting control panel but for Email hostname I think you will need to use white label hostname.

Using white label hostname of email create some issue like you can't use your wildcard SSL on white label domain unless you spend money on purchasing separate SSL for each domain.

Being a Reseller myself i used to go crazy trying to white label. But the sad truth is i have not found any company that is able to offer 100% anonymity. On the bright side most reputable hosting companies will help you mask your identity from all except the tech savvy client.

In my experience this is what i do to whitelabel:

1. Private nameservers

2. Look at the page source of any pages given to me from the host for their links, keywords, or comments and remove them if it is allowable according to their Terms.

3. Look at any legal documents they offer me to use for my clients, such as Terms, Acceptable Use, Faqs, Tutorials and sanitize them if allowable by their Terms.

4. Set up my own payment provider and not use theirs if allowable by their Terms.

As you can see there are many ways they can add their name to your Reselling plan. Most of the reputable companies do this purely for legal reasons. Unless it is obvious to a client most will not see that you are reseller.

Very important: Read your reseller terms to see if you are allowed to alter any pages or payment providers. Especially any legal pages they offer you to use for your clients.

You can do this with vps or dedicated but some providers are using diffrent domain so your customers can't find that you are a reseller. But they can find using ip

You can do this with vps or dedicated but some providers are using diffrent domain so your customers can't find that you are a reseller. But they can find using ip

you dont even need the IP just some a service like whoishostingthis.com, but this will show the DC your site is with, but not the host

This can be possible If you found a reseller hosting provider who's main product is "Reseller hosting" only and nothing else.

Hosting company always want to advertise their company or focus on branding but reseller provider can provide you whitelabel hostname.

This can be possible If you found a reseller hosting provider who's main product is "Reseller hosting" only and nothing else.

Hosting company always want to advertise their company or focus on branding but reseller provider can provide you whitelabel hostname.

WRONG - a reseller provider can provide you with custom nameservers, but never a whitelabel hostname as the hostname is the name of the server

You will be able to whitelabel your hostname if you own the vps/server. But, for reseller hosting, your upstream provider should set a Whitelabel hostname as well as custom nameserver. These are standard practice now-a-days.

Each one of our reseller servers has a domain "unrelated" to us, with nameservers that belong to that domain also.
This domain will then have privacy enabled.

This way your customer's customers have no way of knowing that they are being provided by a reseller.

However, we are not really fooling anyone.

Our direct customers have servers with names from one of the UnixGuru domains we own, so they can see they are hosted directly by us.

Both above are common practice, and in this way, you usually know that your hostname is "white labelled" by the fact that it doesn't match your host's domain, in turn meaning your service is provided by a reseller.