Hosting a good way to make money?

You have to start with a business plan and stick to it. And then you just need to wait and never stop promotion.

You can get a lot of money or none. It depends

It is not always about money, it is about a passion, desire, a feeling that you cannot explain that forces you to keep going.

Of course it is a good way to make money, and years on the industry I am doing well and earning a considerable amount, but it took a good 3-4 years to get there, and still even today it is the toughest thing I chose to do.

It is a long term thing, you want a nice car, big house, kids, office, and a comfy life, then yes, but that takes years to get, if you want to be the next bill gates then no.

This is a long term thing, not quick, but it does pay in the end, and you decide how far you want to go.

It is not always about money, it is about a passion, desire, a feeling that you cannot explain that forces you to keep going.

Of course it is a good way to make money, and years on the industry I am doing well and earning a considerable amount, but it took a good 3-4 years to get there, and still even today it is the toughest thing I chose to do.

It is a long term thing, you want a nice car, big house, kids, office, and a comfy life, then yes, but that takes years to get, if you want to be the next bill gates then no.

This is a long term thing, not quick, but it does pay in the end, and you decide how far you want to go.

I agree... You have to love what you do. If you love it you will succeed

I recently started my own host, launched last Wednesday and I thought it was going to get clients, but it is harder than you think. It looks like this business is either a hit or run. Sure, I am in this for the money, but the main reason why I started my host was because this was one of my dreams, to own my own paid web hosting company. I love managing servers, and talking to clients.

If you're trying to get rich overnight with little to no investment of your time and money... no.

If you're willing to devote a lot of hard work and time and are willing to spend some money to succeed... yes.

HostMantis said it all. Web hosting is like any business... success takes careful planning, long periods of steady growth, and ceaseless dedication.

Hosting is a good way to stress yourself out fast. It's not a get rich quick. In fact, expect to spend a good amount of money on legal stuff and lic fees and very little sleep and being stressed out.

Hosting business wont' let get rich but it can make good money for living with some additional money as bank saving account

Hosting business wont' let get rich but it can make good money for living with some additional money as bank saving account

You can get rich and many are but those that do are professionals and have a strong team backing them. Be prepared for a ton of blood, sweat, and tears if you want to play with the big boys.

@GridVirt always have faith you create your market and yourself as business not as a human I mean so nothing is big you can be the next big boy if you know what you are doing.

Lots and lots of time, but it will pay off in the end. In the beginning sometimes you gotta spend money to earn more money in the long run. Starting a hosting company can be pretty rough at first. Your dealing with getting people to notice you and getting people to stay after you have them. Time and focusing on customer service will help you succeed.

the entry is a bit difficult because of the congestion up front, and the need for increasingly better hardware for performance customer-wise and for your own company (like power consumption/efficiency etc) after that is building a reliable enough network that can put you above your competition. then how you market yourself.

the industry is interesting because of how fast things go, constant research needed or you'll be left behind. like any other business you need to get ahead of the curve, although a lot of people mention how saturated the market is at the same time the potential market is still big and mainstream exposure of the industry is increasing so more and more people understand its value.

at the end of the day, it is a good way to make money and its similar to most business in the sense that a product/service itself and some knowledge of it wont get you through. because it tends to be a bit more technical getting through is harder and how and where you do your service/product placement is also vital, but the potential is there given time and constant research

Be optimistic about future!
Thats probabely the English way of defining: Hosting Business

The one who moved mountain was the one who started collecting little rocks.
Don't get panic and disappointed if you do not sell well and do not be proud of yourself if you have some customers! trying to be successful is a thing and maintaining it is the other.

You can make money from hosting, but it is not a get rich quick business. It takes hard work and dedication and quite a few sleepless nights.

This business is one of the most competitive on the IT market. Very many providers today are offering cheap hosting solutions and it's very easy to get what are you looking for, though the quality and reliability very often could be a subject of question.
That's why in the beginning of the hosting business it's very hard job to get a result, but after some different investments and a good connection with customers you can see the grow. Yes, customer relations are very important here as well as a quality services.

It will take a lot of your time and energy to get it started. It takes a lot of patience and focus to get it going. More importantly, you need all that hard work plus business creativity to get it soaring. Passion in the tech world will be VERY useful.

Basically, you start it up just like you would in any other business...only with less capital :)

It is fun helping companies get their company online and setup. Even more fun when they engage in E-commerce and you see them start making money online. It is great seeing the joy it brings to know you helped another company grow their business.

It has been going downhill as an industry due to the anything for a dollar crowde. Sad thing is that the tactic works even as bad as it is to do such marketing and quite dishonest.

The secret to success is to not depend on clients around the globe and market your local area. You will find it way less flooded with the anything for a dollar crowd and it is easier to build a rapport with the clients. You get clients that are more apt to stay with you longer and not so eager to jump ship just to see if the grass is greener somewhere else.