Hosting a good way to make money?

If you're trying to get rich overnight with little to no investment of your time and money... no.

If you're willing to devote a lot of hard work and time and are willing to spend some money to succeed... yes.

Is it a good career in your opinion or is it just a hassle to maintain overall?

I think its a good career direction, but if you view it as a hassle, then maybe you sure reevaluate your career path. The key to success is to pursue a career of interest to you specifically. :)

If you're trying to get rich overnight with little to no investment of your time and money... no.

If you're willing to devote a lot of hard work and time and are willing to spend some money to succeed... yes.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Though we did see lots of customers at the start (because we set aside a month and a bit to plan and get ready). Though if it's for a quick buck then stay clear XD

Best of luck though!

Don't expect to get rich overnight, and pray to god you have a very cool/level head.

Typically, don't expect to make anything within the first year, and pay all your costs out of pocket. Then MAYBE you can cover costs with your clients after that.

In order to be successful in hosting you need to invest a good bit of time and money. The first 6 months will likely be the hardest for you but after that, if you've played your cards right, you should start doing fairly well. Treat your clients well and they will stay with you and may even refer friends to you.

There's nothing wrong with somebody starting a hosting business while working a "real" job (one that gives you a good income).

I would stay away from hosting as much as I can. I'm not saying that it's a bad career choice but rather than it is very demanding and requires devoted person to make it work.

I would stay away from hosting as much as I can. I'm not saying that it's a bad career choice but rather than it is very demanding and requires devoted person to make it work.

Yeah its not meant for most people stress is like 120% all the time haha :devil:

It's a hassle, and it's worth it - I love what I do, though, and really do enjoy seeing what clients so with their sites. I think if you don't love it and have some level of starry eyed view of empowering the masses to speak or something equivalent, it can be a tough road to walk.

It's a hassle, and it's worth it - I love what I do, though, and really do enjoy seeing what clients so with their sites. I think if you don't love it and have some level of starry eyed view of empowering the masses to speak or something equivalent, it can be a tough road to walk.

Agreed. You have to have a love for your craft, or you are going to burn out in a couple of months.

... i don't get that. Your signature says "RLS Hosting" so Im sure you have an answer of this question. Why don't you say is hosting a good way to make money for you...?

We still remember when we firstly started a web hosting company more than 10 years ago, it was not easy to introduce our service to our customer, it took a lot of time to build the image of our company and to promote our products, you will need to be 100% involved in the business if you want to success :)

We still remember when we firstly started a web hosting company more than 10 years ago, it was not easy to introduce our service to our customer, it took a lot of time to build the image of our company and to promote our products, you will need to be 100% involved in the business if you want to success :)

Webhosting is still quite hard to get into where the market is flooded with hosts. What it really comes down to is a strong marketing team and a quality product.