Hosting a good way to make money?

some financial investment + passion + lots of time = success,
This is not a market where you can make a quick buck. Its really hard

It does take a lot of time, effort, and even some amount of money to get yourself off the ground. It's not a business where you're going to be able to make money off of it overnight, you're going to need to realize that you'll need to lose money to make money.

Unfortunately, most people think this is a get rich overnight industry. 4 out of 5 startups fail within the first year.

In the summer, kids attempt to become the next "CEO" while school is out, then when school is back in session the "businesses" go flop.

With a good business plan, lots of energy and dedication, anything can work. You have to be able to look at where you want to capture the market and how you will reach your customers.

It's a flooded market, yes, but what can you do to stand out in the market? Do you need something unique? Possibly, but just plain 100% satisfaction customer service might get you there. Having a good infrastructure, good customer service, and the ability to communicate effectively with customers is a great way to start.

I think you must add to your hosting company VPS Web Hosting plans, FTP Plans and Email hosting plans. You will be have a lot of clients who need it.

We're running business for over 3 years, and we can say that we're generating some serious income today. But the path was not easy at all. In the beginning we had a lot of profit losses and had to invest a lot, money and time. But it pays off at the end.

So far in my experience its been the best move Ive ever made. I spend months learning and researching before I did anything, but in a little over 2 months Im 10% below breaking even which I think in a small business is incredible.

This industry is built on reputation. The conundrum is this: when you start, nobody knows you. If you want customers fast, you need to decrease your prices. If you decrease your prices, you may not be able to use the hardware or datacenter you want to provide the best service possible. If you can balance all of these factors and succeed for 2-3 years, you'll be on your way to making a living.

What I am about to say will sound slightly redundant based on what others have already said but here it goes:

The hosting business can provide a great career however you have to be prepared to devote a lot of time to it if you are going to take it seriously.

I love working in this industry because I am not only growing my business but helping to grow others businesses by providing them a service. At the end of the day that is the best feeling of accomplishment one could have.

As I say it will take time, statistically speaking any start up can take somewhere between 3 and 5 years to see determine if it will be extremely profitable.

Unfortunately it isn't as easy as what many perceive it to be and this is also the main reason why there are so many irresponsible hosting providers in the industry. As with other business, hosting also requires commitment however if this is a personal startup then the time involved could be even more since unlike normal businesses which only open 8-5, websites are supposed to be online 24/7.

As every one said you cannot become rich over night if you start a hosting business, but you can definitely succeed if you have a right plan for the hosting business.