Free Firewall for Centos?

CSF+LFD for your firewall. That will not be enough for a DDoS attack though. Depends on the severity of a DDoS attack it can bring your network to a complete halt! Seek protection from your ISP or a third party provider.

I have used CSF and set it up using Block Permanently all negative ips by using the LFD configuration. This will block IPs that attempt to login incorrectly or exploit your SSH port amongst other ports and various software.

I have used CSF and set it up using Block Permanently all negative ips by using the LFD configuration. This will block IPs that attempt to login incorrectly or exploit your SSH port amongst other ports and various software.

when you first get a sever 2 things you should do straight away.

1) install CSF ( its free) and configure it.
2) change the SSH port number

your SSH port cannot be exploited so easily if you do not use the default port 22.

it is the same with emails you should change the outgoing mail (SMTP) port from the default 25

Hi,
I require a free firewall solution for Centos for a client of mine.I dont know any good ones and wanted to ask that would the DDoS protection and ssl certification enough for his private project which operates over UDP and a web server.

For CentOS CSF always first choice and secondary option is APF. Its always recommended to use test mode in initial stage and read its readme file to configure firewall as per your requirement and then remove test mode.

Everyone will recommended you to use CSF because of its so easy to install and configure it with most of hosting control panel which is linux based.

Other alternative option are also available but I never use it so I can't recommended other firewall.

I suggest you to install CSF (Config Server Security & Firewall) on your server, you can protect the server from DDOS by configuring the CSF as per your needs

CSF is the best free firewall for the centos, I have been using CSF since 3 years now and never face any kind of issue with CSF at all. I can confidently say that you should go with CSF without thinking too much of it.

CSF is a fantastic free option which integrates nicely into cPanel and Webmin, it has a UI of its own too.

fail2ban is also a great option and can be used alongside CSF in some regard.

CSF which uses IPTables is the standard for Centos servers. It is very good and versatile you will not find any better/more reliable.

I suggest you to install Config Server & Security Firewall( CSF )on your server, Then you can configure it as per your need. It is the best firewall security application for Cent OS based servers.

If you are having Red Hat CentOS, you can install Config Server & security Firewall CSF on it, It is open source software application, you can install and configure it as per your need, My vote goes to CSF

not much competitor for CSF in the market these day. there is a APF firewall by ryan . you can go with csf or apf.