Free feature rich HelpDesk

bandboy

Share your knowledge about a helpdesk script which is free but feature rich and stable. I know of few paid ones, so am looking for free scripts only here.

Have you used it? Whats your experience?

Any more suggestions?

I am planning to install free ones and try them out before introducing one of them on a production site.

Anyone heard of Support-Logic?
I found this name on another forum but not much info. about it. Also website http://www.support-logic.com/ seems more of an abundant profect or may be i am looking at wrong place?

Last edited:
Thanks Jim, I'll try your recommendations. Meanwhile anyone has any good ones to suggest, do keep me informed here.

The best help desk is kayako, but its not free, Simply bcoz best things in life never comes for free lolzz :kiss:

I have heard a lot of people say it is confusing. Why? Here I am a guy who is not code savy and I had to do a bit of research but I got the answers I needed. I mean I used their forums and the staff was helpful on howto issues. Why people say it is so hard I will never know. But if I can do it, with no known code education, than anyone can. It is quite simple to do. I mean I used it when I was first in the business and yes it can be said it is a bit time consuming, but that does not mean that it is a hard program. For a new host who is trying to save on his/her monthly bills, it is a good start. I used it for a year and really had no issues with it.

Heh...

I still say Cerberus is a good place to start for small hosts. The free version only supports 1 incoming mailbox (usually support@whatever.com) and three operators, but that's typically plenty for a starting out host and it's professional grade software. Includes a Knowledge base, but no chat.

When it comes to customer support, it is something you definitely don't want be cheap on.. Just save up some money and then go with a decent paid script.