'Features' that should always be standard

Then why should all sites, regardless of how small or personal they are not be provided the opportunity to do that without extra hassle or cost, when as I've already stated it costs the host absolutely nothing.
Even paid SSL should cost the host nothing as they should charge their clients for these. Regardless of what you say is a hassle in installing paid SSL. if you think installing addons is a hassle then you are in the wrong business

Absolutely and completely agree that SSL certificates should be an essential new standard feature. Every company should automatically assign a free SSL to any domain they sign as a client. Clients, however, should be informed on the differences and be given an option to upgrade to a paid certificate if they so desire.

One of my companies, a publishing platform for content creators automatically adds a free SSL to every single account/blog that is created, even in spite of that the service is free.

Regardless of what you say is a hassle in installing paid SSL. if you think installing addons is a hassle then you are in the wrong business

I've just read back through all of my posts in this discussion to check, and just as I thought, at no point have I said or implied that I think of installing paid SSL or any other kind of addon as a hassle.

As for 'being in the wrong business'... Wow, that's quite an attack on anyone who has a different opinion from you, why are you being so aggressive?

There are millions of small sites on the internet who do not need and do not want to pay for any higher level of certificate and for which a free certificate from an authority like LE is completely adequate.

You clearly disagree with that and that is fine, but I still absolutely believe in my original point which was exactly what Artashes and several others have agreed with.

Every company should automatically assign a free SSL to any domain they sign as a client.

Yes, there are sites that should use a higher level of certification, and they should be offered the information and opportunity to do so, but there is absolutely no reason not to offer a free cert as a default on all hosted domains.

There are millions of small sites on the internet who do not need and do not want to pay for any higher level of certificate and for which a free certificate from an authority like LE is completely adequate.
Hundo P. If a website isn't doing anything that's mission-critical, there is absolutely zero need for a paid SSL.

I've just read back through all of my posts in this discussion to check, and just as I thought, at no point have I said or implied that I think of installing paid SSL or any other kind of addon as a hassle.
read https://hostingdiscussion.com/threads/features-that-should-always-be-standard.77991/post-247827

Then why should all sites, regardless of how small or personal they are not be provided the opportunity to do that without extra hassle or cost, when as I've already stated it costs the host absolutely nothing.

Some web hosting companies provide packages that include unlimited bandwidth, free SSL, free themes, free scripts, and discount coupon codes, all of which are attractive to visitors.

Some web hosting companies provide packages that include unlimited bandwidth, free SSL, free themes, free scripts, and discount coupon codes, all of which are attractive to visitors.
Nearly every host offers Free SSL, scripts, and themes, so these are not a big attraction as they used to be, also a lot of people are now aware nothing is unlimited, so unlimited space and/or bandwidth does not attract customers as they used too.

This is an awesome thread, I really hate some companies who put out certain items as these amazing features when others are passing them on free, SSL the big example. I mean it's ok to say hey we give free SSL, join us, but don't email me if I don't buy an SSL I will lose ranking, get hacked, etc.

I hate that kind of marketing. (Cuz im the type of guy that will go get Cloudflare or letsencrypt, or Comodo just so your stupid sales tactic won't pay off.)

For me things that should be there:
SSL - especially if you were giving it for free prior to chrome and firefox changes.
Access to your Zone records :O( this one tees me off when its not there to just has a mx record in it)
The ability to move your domain ( remove registrar locks ) Might be there for security reasons.
Backup utility that Cpanel provides and r1 soft restore, I guess some hosts remove this to save space?
Exim Access
Rouncubes backup utility
Cphulk Access
Error logs

They're probably more and my answer is based on working on different client webservers, some are good, some are bad some are decent.

This is an awesome thread, I really hate some companies who put out certain items as these amazing features when others are passing them on free, SSL the big example. I mean it's ok to say hey we give free SSL, join us, but don't email me if I don't buy an SSL I will lose ranking, get hacked, etc.

I hate that kind of marketing. (Cuz im the type of guy that will go get Cloudflare or letsencrypt, or Comodo just so your stupid sales tactic won't pay off.)

For me things that should be there:
SSL - especially if you were giving it for free prior to chrome and firefox changes.
Access to your Zone records :O( this one tees me off when its not there to just has a mx record in it)
The ability to move your domain ( remove registrar locks ) Might be there for security reasons.
Backup utility that Cpanel provides and r1 soft restore, I guess some hosts remove this to save space?
Exim Access
Rouncubes backup utility
Cphulk Access
Error logs

They're probably more and my answer is based on working on different client webservers, some are good, some are bad some are decent.
But this is the same with any business, some supermarkets will give customers free incentives while others don't, it is upto the consumer if they are drawn in by the incentives or not.

Also the list you provide unless you have a Reseller account or VPS then most of these won't be available

But this is the same with any business, some supermarkets will give customers free incentives while others don't, it is upto the consumer if they are drawn in by the incentives or not.

Also the list you provide unless you have a Reseller account or VPS then most of these won't be available
Well yes, maybe you are right maybe most webmasters don't care about DNS records. Maybe im responding to this as what I like to have.

What you have said though in the general sense of things, some of these companies are massive and no doubt they know what their target market ( maybe not guys like us) need or want. So I do agree with your points above. Maybe they try to push guys like us away from shared hosting to have those features.

Do you think that if a hosting provider receives a service free, they should "pass it on" for free to their clients? This is where im a little undecided because it's a business and what if they received feature X for free because they're invested in feature Y you know. So I do think they can provide what they want, how they want, and charge for it what they want, as long as there is transparency behind it.
'
Also the list you provide unless you have a Reseller account or VPS then most of these won't be available - I don't really agree with this except on EXIM and CPHULK there are plenty of shared hosts that provide the lists above in fact our 4 biggest here in SA do. I was very surprised when i started working with Int hosts that a lot of these features are not included standard.

I tend to find international hosting companies, limit more on shared hosting.

'