dot.tk questions

Wow just for a normal domain...
I would only pay that for a domain which is useful or short, but $40 is far too much just for going to register any normal domain.

Some country domains do cost more than the normal TLDs but you can usually find them for cheaper than you would get a TLD.

What do you mean without document velton?

I have paidomain.tk and i think it's a nice thing :). I know many people don't like the extension but i have nothing against it.

Just out of interest, how much is it for a paid .tk?

Would you not rather get a .com/net/org or another TLD for your site?
If someone doesnt remember the address they normally try one of the 3 above but I have never tried .tk if I forgot a domain name.
I think it would end up in losing a lot of visitors who enter the wrong address for your site

A dot.tk paid domain is around 9.95$/year. Personally i tend to remember domains with other extensions more than the .com .net and .org :). Anyway it depends on the person.

desperado said:
I have paidomain.tk and i think it's a nice thing :). I know many people don't like the extension but i have nothing against it.

Velton told me that .tk domain names are slow. Is that true? i am thinking of getting one.

No I dont think .tk will make any difference for speed.
BUT when you first go to a .tk site a popup window shows (Which advertises dot.tk I think) which will slow it down

They are not slow ... they work the same as normal domains. You can also remove the pop-up for the free domains. They have an option for that in the CP.

DarkCurves i didn't know it was for two years. What domain did you want to buy?

I dunno. I havent made up my mind yet. I cant pay coz i'm seriously outta cash after paying for my bills. So i gonna put my offer soon at the forums for anyone who wants advertisement in exchange for a domain name. I have hostingrefuge.com banner at my site and there has been 107 clicks. That's an example.

Yeah, unique clicks.

I have to warn you that only web solution websites will get a decent amount of clicks. Do you have AIM, MSN,ICQ or Yahoo? Maybe we can chat there.

yeah I would recommend www.57host.biz for advertising :)

I didnt know you could remove the popups in the dot.tk control panel for the free domains!
Are you sure about that?

I signed up when to started to see what it was like and was was available but didnt notice that

You go their control panel and there is in one of the menus an option about it. I know it for sure as i used to have a free .tk domain before turning to the paid one. I can't tell you exactly because i only have the paiddomain in my account now.

darkcurves what's your msn ?