dot.tk questions

darkcurves

Can someone explain this to me, please:

To make your domain name work on the Internet, you can choose out of the following three options:

1.You run your own DNS, a Domain Name Server. This is the most common used system for domains on the Internet.
Note that you do not need to register your domain name with your Domain Name Server before registering your Dot TK domain name.

2.If you are unable to run your own Domain Name Servers, you can also have Dot TK run your Domain Name Servers for you. With this service, available for only USD 35.00 per year, you can park your domain name without the need for a webserver or DNS. With this service, Dot TK allows you to update your host information any time. Changes are effective within five minutes.

Does the second option offer service like www.everydns.net ? Really confused. Thanks.

Changes are effective within five minutes

Um, really? On their servers I suppose, not as far as the rest of the Web is concerned.

And if I make a change to my DNS, the changes are effective immediately (after BIND is restarted, which takes seconds) . Everyone else has to wait 24-72 hours for the changes to take effect.

Look at this very site as the perfect example. The site was down because the DNS changes John made hadn't propogated (when he remembered to switch the DNS over oif course! D'oh!)

Sounds like a bit of a vanity thing to me for those who can't run their own DNS servers. If you want to, get a server! They're not exactly expensive these days! :)

Ok, what this means.

1. They are really asking for your hosts DNS names. Or, if your host has created names for you IE: ns1.yourname.com ; ns1.yourname.com that is what you provide.

2. Or, they can offer DNS for you. In other words they are going to host your site.

Hope that makes more sence.

turnkey said:
Ok, what this means.

1. They are really asking for your hosts DNS names. Or, if your host has created names for you IE: ns1.yourname.com ; ns1.yourname.com that is what you provide.

2. Or, they can offer DNS for you. In other words they are going to host your site.

Hope that makes more sence.

Thanks man. Finally, i can register for a dot.tk domain name.

Glad this helped! Let us know if this was actually the solution to your problem. If not, I would like to take another stab so when somebody searches for this topic there is more information.

I wanted something different. i liked .cx but abit too expensive for a free host. Why is it that you guys dont like .tk?

I wanted something different. i liked .cx but abit too expensive for a free host. Why is it that you guys dont like .tk?

.com.my is expensive and only companies can register it.