dont trust Namecheap with your domains.

I have quite a few domains registered with Namecheap and haven't experienced any problems yet - keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.

If are you looking to move elsewhere I can recommend NetEarthOne as a great provider of domain reseller accounts. The prices are great, and their support has been awesome. They gave me serious help when I started selling domains (some years ago now) and have always sorted any niggly little issues super fast.

(We're not affiliated with them, but do use them as a customer/reseller).

You should always keep an eye on your accounts and have it in mind how long you got left on each domain.

But namecheap had a mistake in the system and they solved the issue by paying the renew cost for you.

This type of issue can happen to anyone as systems do fail no matter how many safeguards you put in place.

I can't say about Namecheap domain registartion services, but their SSL service is excellent (and yea, ultra-cheap!). Very recently I ordered twice for SSL for a domain by accident, and it only required a quick live chat to get refund for one of the orders.

I can't say about Namecheap domain registartion services, but their SSL service is excellent (and yea, ultra-cheap!). Very recently I ordered twice for SSL for a domain by accident, and it only required a quick live chat to get refund for one of the orders.

its not their SSL service that is excellent, its their support network. wait until you have a SSL with them and then renew it or have it reissued through them as you will hit issues.

All I can do is recommend NetEarthOne, we've got all but a few of our domains through them and their support is excellent, not that I need it often, they've got plugins for all the top billing systems.

All I can do is recommend NetEarthOne, we've got all but a few of our domains through them and their support is excellent, not that I need it often, they've got plugins for all the top billing systems.

well i use namecheap for my personal domains and the ones i use for my own sites. for clients i have a resellerclub account.

I have been with namecheap for 10 years and have not had 1 single issue with them, and I would not consider to register my domains elsewhere.

We've had a pile of problems with NC and no longer use them in our clients best interest.

Last edited:
I have been using them for more than 4 years and they are very cheap and reliable. I got to know about them through a friend of mine and their support is also spontaneous.

Never had a problem with namecheap for the past few years. I've set auto renew for important domains so that they don't expire when I miss their emails.

Never had a problem with namecheap for the past few years. I've set auto renew for important domains so that they don't expire when I miss their emails.

yes, but when a domain is set to autorenew and the funds are in the account to cover renewal then it should autorenew and not expire before the expiry date when the only email received is 1 1/2 hrs before they do this. Even providing them evidence of such they try and blame me.

Easyhostmedia, with all respect to your words, I've never had a case like this with Namecheap and many people on many forums all agree that NC customer support rocks.

As I can see from your thread, the issue you experienced occured during grand update of their system last March. I know they had a volcano of problems back then and I think they dealt with your case quite well - renewed your domain at their expense. Yes, you had to submit another ticket regarding nameservers, but really, was it so frustrating and unacceptable?

Godaddy would block your domains until the end of the case investigation and then delete them or give them to a fraudster, as it was exactly what had happened several times.

I see that http://tophostinguk.com/ is still with Namecheap, meaning you cooled down and the case was sorted out?

I think this whole story was rather an exception that confirms the rule.
And the rule is - Namecheap is hands down the best registar out there.

Easyhostmedia, with all respect to your words, I've never had a case like this with Namecheap and many people on many forums all agree that NC customer support rocks.

As I can see from your thread, the issue you experienced occured during grand update of their system last March. I know they had a volcano of problems back then and I think they dealt with your case quite well - renewed your domain at their expense. Yes, you had to submit another ticket regarding nameservers, but really, was it so frustrating and unacceptable?

Godaddy would block your domains until the end of the case investigation and then delete them or give them to a fraudster, as it was exactly what had happened several times.

I see that http://tophostinguk.com/ is still with Namecheap, meaning you cooled down and the case was sorted out?

I think this whole story was rather an exception that confirms the rule.
And the rule is - Namecheap is hands down the best registar out there.

Again someone who has not really read the thread, because if they did they would know the domain in questions was tophostinguk.info.

Any other domains with Namecheap will be moved as and when they come up for renewal.

Regardless if they were upgrading their system, when they did should not have happened

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jean_garcia2