dont trust Namecheap with your domains.

Terry, I read the thread, sorry for not seeing the domain name in question. Wish you the best of luck with any other registrar.

Terry, I read the thread, sorry for not seeing the domain name in question. Wish you the best of luck with any other registrar.

well i kept all personal and business domains with namecheap, but for hosting clients i have a resellerclub account that hosts all clients domains. I am slowing moving domains over to this as and when they are due for renewal

i been with namecheap for 5 years now and i had no issues with them. They might have made a mistake.

Mistake or not they messed up ( yes they renewed at their expense) but thinks like this should not happen.

I stopped getting SSL certs from them years ago as getting a new SSL was fine, but if you renewed an SSL they always messed SSL renewals up (both them and Comodo admitted this), but Comodo would not take any action as namecheap is their biggest distributor

every company who sell domains have register domain for 1year and 1month that what icann ask for and when you buy domain for 1year and not renew the domain, then company from where you bought the domain have it one more month then it cant be lost.
after 1year and 1month if you not register the domain then you lost it. and people should stop angry on other company with they mistakes, if you will renew the domain i promise to you nothing will happen to your domain.

every company who sell domains have register domain for 1year and 1month that what icann ask for and when you buy domain for 1year and not renew the domain, then company from where you bought the domain have it one more month then it cant be lost.
after 1year and 1month if you not register the domain then you lost it. and people should stop angry on other company with they mistakes, if you will renew the domain i promise to you nothing will happen to your domain.

WRONG domains are registers for min. 1 year. if its not renewed you have a short time to renew before it goes into redemption which can cost a fortune to renew from redemption.

but you need to read my opening comment before making your comment.

i had a domain that was to be renewed and was in fact set to autorenew and i had the funds in my namecheap account. I got an email to say it had 1 day left to renew, but infact they expired the domain 1 hr 32 minutes later.

The admitted their mistake and renewed the domain at their expense

WRONG domains are registers for min. 1 year. if its not renewed you have a short time to renew before it goes into redemption which can cost a fortune to renew from redemption.

but you need to read my opening comment before making your comment.

i had a domain that was to be renewed and was in fact set to autorenew and i had the funds in my namecheap account. I got an email to say it had 1 day left to renew, but infact they expired the domain 1 hr 32 minutes later.

The admitted their mistake and renewed the domain at their expense

Before it hits the redemption period it goes through a very short grace period which does allow clients to renew at regular rates after the expiration. However, once this period is over it enters the redemption period at which point most domains are simply not worth it.

Before it hits the redemption period it goes through a very short grace period which does allow clients to renew at regular rates after the expiration. However, once this period is over it enters the redemption period at which point most domains are simply not worth it.

Yes that's what i stated, but as i had funds and the domain was set on auto renew then they fact it was not renewed was down to an issue with namecheap