Don't Steal Content - you'll look like an ass!

Hi Igal,

I wouldn't doubt those numbers at all. We see huge fluctuations on various sites, and normally when a client comes to us saying that their site is down, it's the result of a bot hitting several hundred (or thousand) pages at the same time. Even Yahoo is guilty of that - they don't throttle their indexing correctly unless you add lines to your .htaccess file.

The scraper and spinning process is something that Google is getting better at. They seem to be getting better at actually reading sentences to make sure it makes sense, no spelling or grammatical errors etc. For the human to read some of the nonsense that's out there, it's pretty bad.... it's as bad as blog comments using an automated procedure with generic content - or worse, the script kiddies that can't even set up the program right in the first place so it dumps their entire comment database into one big comment.

Copyscape is a great place. Even just typing a sentence (within quotes) into Google can yield some pretty high results that way too.

Finally the SEO world is getting a little under control and removing or penalizing many of the bad practices. I hope they continue to clam down and put some of the less reputable "seo companies" out of business too!

A Reply from Sinergy Communications

Conor:
First let first start off with an apology. When we took over Sinergy Communications in January 2012. There was a lot of "house cleaning" that needed to be done.

The website as we found out by your submission had some content that was indeed stolen. We promptly removed it and are actually in the process of a complete redesign of the website. Apparently, when the site was created by person by the name of Robert Hill (formerly of RH Systems, then one of the principles of Sinergy Communications LLC) was in way over his head. From my understanding, he is very young and has more than just his website problems. He stole content from many sites with no regard to copy laws on almost all the sites he created.

In any rate, once again I sincerely apologize.

HC-Ro:
There is indeed a corporation filing for our corporation which is easily found on the State of Maryland's website. Unfortunately, since this incident happened so near our formation it may not have been displayed as of yet.

To all other: Sofia Enterprises, Inc. does not and will not condone, encourage or accept any employees' (past, present or future) illegal actions. Although we are a very young company we are rapidly growing. We are doing so because we are finding companies that have the basics to be a great company and tweaking or overhauling (as the case may be) to make them that way.

Michael Mancini, President
Sofia Enterprises, Inc.