Do you have any uses for .xyz domains?

For me the only difference is the convenience and the trust of having .com instead .xyz. People are used to typing website.com instead of website.xyz. You will think twice accessing those website that has .xyz. but functionality are actually the same with the other TLD's.

Ranking of .xyz extension is not the problem, actual problem is the content on the website. If there are proper SEO techniques applied then .xyz will not have any ranking issue.

But normally, .com extension are more preferred. Those are commonly use .

.xyz domain is very cheap so usually this kind of domain user are spammer but its not compulsory to being used by only spammer. Trust level for this domain is very law so because of this reason no one would like to buy these domains.

In case of SEO part. I don't think there will be any problem. It will work same just like .com domains. You just need to focus on keywords.

Bought one to manage some private servers (they need hostnames). Registered those $0.99/year (renewable) number-based domains from gen.xyz.

It sucks that I have to contact support every time I want to register a custom nameserver for DNS. I'm pretty sure other providers have automated modules for it but that left a bad taste in my mouth.

If you think that .xyz domain will affect your domain performance then note that there isn't a thing called domain performance. Your website performance completely depends on where you host your website.

It is important to note that as of June 2016, .xyz is the 4th most largest and popular domain after .com, .net and .org. Also, this domain's popularity exploded when Google’s parent company Alphabet took the address of abc.xyz.

It is important to note that as of June 2016, .xyz is the 4th most largest and popular domain after .com, .net and .org. Also, this domain's popularity exploded when Google’s parent company Alphabet took the address of abc.xyz.

And why do you think that is? It is because the registrar has lowered the price of registration to nothing, attracting massive amount of registrations, a good chunk of which are spammers.

Google's decision can be explained. ABC.xyz is a fantastic domain for a company called Alphabet. It was a brand-driven decision more than anything.

.xyz domains just give a bad aura! I think everyone here has seen some sort of sleazy website URL that you simply do not want to click! Really been tarnished because of scammers, spammers, and the whole lot of hucksters.

Many people write correctly that there are many scammers and spammers in the .xyz domain zone. Therefore, it is not in demand from serious projects. If you check the sites for the presence of blacklists, then the .xyz domains are leading there <URL snipped> They are often used for spam, doorways and questionable projects.