Do you have any uses for .xyz domains?

In terms of using them in general, what use are they to you?

Since they are almost always a cheap option, I mainly scoop them up to set up sites on. I will work through themes and customization and then transfer the site over to my actual address saving down time and hassle.

.xyz is just such a radical name in terms of track record, response and usage. On one hand you have companies like Google picking it for Alphabet (although it was likely due to reason of just having a memorable and clever domain abc.xyz), on the other hand companies like Namecheap kicking the domain out of its registry.

The domain is so cheap that it attracts an army of spammers, which causes lots of headache to all kinds of service providers, as well as owners of legitimate websites running on .xyz domain.

Yet there are also still many domain investors and brokers holding on to premium .xyz names that do not come cheap.

The risks of running with the .xyz domain are obvious - search engines might penalize them in their listings, your registrar might change their position on servicing it, etc. But I am hopeful that the big search engine companies have the tools and smarts to be able to dissect between a scam and a legitimate site, so not to penalize everyone who invested time and money into a quality resource.

I agree with the spammers part, we put in filters to just block all .xyz's from ouro email servers due to the rapid amount of spam from them.

I don't think there is anything wrong with .xyz extension but I agree with the spammer part.

Normally, most of the people trust .com domains so it takes some time to build trust of visitor who uses new extensions (like .xyz).

I don't think there is anything wrong with .xyz extension but I agree with the spammer part.

There is actually enough that is wrong with .xyz. In addition to all the spam problems, it has been plagued by bad PR and decision-making by owners. None of the top domainers in the industry would touch it.

I don't think I will invest in a .xyz domain as its sold for insanely cheap rates. As it is we have spammers multiplying in number every day. This will take spamming to the next level.

I have been using this domain since a year now and i can say that even though if it is so cheap, the SEO rank is almost same.

I have been using this domain since a year now and i can say that even though if it is so cheap, the SEO rank is almost same.

The problem is not SEO. It all depends wich keywords are you working on. The problem is that many of this new domains are used for spam activities and many hosts just blacklist them. :)

In terms of using them in general, what use are they to you?

Since they are almost always a cheap option, I mainly scoop them up to set up sites on. I will work through themes and customization and then transfer the site over to my actual address saving down time and hassle.
i have some, use .xyz because cant get the .com, .net or .org

there is no problem for this extension in seo,
but .com migth a little higher for exact match domain in google

there is no problem for this extension in seo,
but .com migth a little higher for exact match domain in google

There is every problem with .xyz extension in SEO and every reason to be concerned for its future performance as well. The registry has been making a number of mistakes over the years and it is no comparison to .COM at all. In fact, .COM is still quite the powerhouse, even with ngTLDs being out for a while. There are a few more respectable TLDs you might want to consider, like .IO or .CO But after educating myself on the subject, under no circumstance would I touch .xyz now or in the future.

Not really into these extensions to be honest nor any of the new stuff, I prefer good old .com and .co.uk ! There is so many I have lost count.

the performance of .xyz domain on google is not so far good as other top order extensions. i had few domains on .xyz but it was tough to get a palce in google. just like .nu, .ku domains.

I honestly like the .XYZ appeal as it has no distinct boundaries and represents some kind of 'revolution' in terms of domain name extensions. Perhaps it's I was simply sold by their marketing techniques.

I have one question though, - have any of you saw any XYZ website to reach good organic rankings with usual SEO tactics?

I honestly like the .XYZ appeal as it has no distinct boundaries and represents some kind of 'revolution' in terms of domain name extensions. Perhaps it's I was simply sold by their marketing techniques.
Their marketing is what tanked this top-level domain. It's current rep is on par or probably even worse than .info. .XYZ used to run $0.01 registration promotions, so that flooded the registry with spammers and opportunists. To the point when top domain registrars are dropping their support for this TLD.

I have one question though, - have any of you saw any XYZ website to reach good organic rankings with usual SEO tactics?

I haven't seen any, apart from the better known abc.xyz (I feel like the only reason Google went for it for their new parents company Alphabet is because it makes perfect domain for their name). And we don't see any major site based on .xyz perhaps for the above reasons. No serious organization is going to build their business based on that gTLD.

Nope, not in the slightest.

I've never once developed a website on an .xyz domain, and I have no plans to.

I once registered a dozen .xyz domains on sale for a cent at Namecheap back in June 2016, and not a single domain sold at auction, and it was difficult to get rid off them with giveaways as well.

That in itself is enough to tell me it's not worth further investment, or any serious websites.