Difficult clients.

chelsea said:
I get them quite often. A difficult client is one who signs up for hosting and has no idea how to point his/her domain and starts yelling at me when his website does not appear 5 minutes after paying for his hosting account.

I really agree with you :) seen lots such complain from past experience.

When I offered free hosting long ago, I had a TON of those clients! It was always funny to me that the free ones were the ones that expected the most! They think you're their web host, web designer, script installer/trouble shooter, SEO guy, and basic hand holder!
With paying clients you can expect some attitude sometimes, you cant please them all. I usually try to use the old "kill em with kindness" approach. The nicer you are, the more angry they get, but they definetly can't go postign on forums everywhere sayign "look how rude these guys are!"
Yuo just have to take the good with the bad. Maybe even suggest a coupel of sales that other web hosts are having,,lol

chelsea said:
I get them quite often. A difficult client is one who signs up for hosting and has no idea how to point his/her domain and starts yelling at me when his website does not appear 5 minutes after paying for his hosting account.

fortunatly i never had this problem because usually clients how gets a hsoting account they also buy a odmain name from us so we would do everything for them or else they give us there domain login details :)

Exon said:
Had a client demanding for a $500 app to be purchased/installed on his $2/month account. I told him that as he was the only one requesting it, and it could only be used for his account and no one elses, then he would be required to purchase it and we would be happy to install it for him if required.

His response. "fuk u den". That's fine and dandy, account suspended. E-mailed him telling him that for $2/month he can find a different host. He E-mails me back, "no no no no no, I was juz testin my filtars." *rollseyes*

haha! blame it on the filters.. lol.. nice one :D
:thumbsup:

I have had a few of them myself. Over the years I have noticed that it depends on the type of hosting I offered. When I was trying to compete on price with all the budget hosting companies I had alot of them. Their attitude was if they didn't get their way or have me redisign their website for free on their 1.99/M account they would go somewhere else. I actually had a customer call me repeatedly demanding that when their coworker designed their website using GoLive it looked great on their computer but when they put it on my servers it looked like crap, and I needed to redesign the site for free or they were going to sue me for their 1.99 + 5,000.00 for the copy of GoLive they bought and the 2 weeks it took them to make the site. As my prices rose over the years (due to changing companies) I have noticed that the amount of this type of customer has dropped to nearly zero.

Hah, Mark, them scaring you with a lawsuit was a cute idea, thanks for sharing. It is indeed the lowest-paid customers who are the most demanding and most unhappy all the time.

I have friends working for a cell phone company that claim the same. The most complicated customers for them are the ones who use airtime cards (basically pay-per-talk clients).

Yes, that goes in all industries I think. The clients that get bonuses, discounts etc, often are the most vocal, instead of being more understanding. It may be because they are looking for "there much be a catch with this offer".

Well

I do have a client who is support freak(well, I should not say this but you'll see why I said)

He opens at least 10 support tickets a day often with things like How do I recover my password, How do I setup site?, How do I create new account?

That really annoying to reply to his tickets. Other clients do open 20 tickets/month AT MOST.

I dont think he uses Google, its really hard to manage 6 hours guaranteed reply to tickets with 48 hours resolution time stable. I think I am gonna remove it off from the site and take a good sleep...

Difficult clients tend to take their business elsewhere pretty uickly without your intervention. Despite this, the ones who stay 6 months and are still using a lot of support tend to be the ones who refer you to others.

But the ones who open 10 tickets a day arent the one who refer others to you.

But keeping our promise, we have to reply within the given time frame:(

Hi,

I never think a client is difficult remember they are paying for your living (if you rely on your hosting business like some of us)

I always think my clients are no1 and if they need support i always go out of my to give them that little bit extra, thats why they stay with me.

Chris

I got a difficult client the order day to. They ask so many irrelevant questions, its very annoying and time consuming. But, you have to treat them the right way because you never know if they are serious. :S

I never find difficult to manage clients. I am at their disposal. But of course you may have some extra clarifications before a client purchases an account, but If he speaks for 30 minutes and then says I am not satisfied then I will become frustrated. So my point is A client is difficult to handle(to me) before he buys an account, after he gets one from me then He doesn't finds any difficulty with my hosting, and I never find any difficulty with him(I have only 24 clients, and you dont find difficult to answer all the 24).

I don't think i have ever had reports of difficult clients. Sure we get some annoying ones sometimes who still don't seem to understand how to resolve an issue even when we have told them in plain English.