**************.com - any experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE:

Berry simply is a childish fool who is simply irritated that a US webhosting company only accepts and uses PayPal for obvious reasons.
How does calling him "childish fool" help the discussion? Please refrain from such behavior in the future. Thank you.

ldcdc said:
MOD NOTE:

How does calling him "childish fool" help the discussion? Please refrain from such behavior in the future. Thank you.
This would've been refrained earlier on one of my last posts. But yes, I agree that I too have been responding in a childish way. The only reason why this whole thread started was for Berry to talk about his dislikes/gather other experiences with RWH's services. Now that the main discussion has been ended a while ago when Berry left it is quite reasonable for us to cease our furthering discussions as well, since it is quite clear that it's a waste of time.

Now that the main discussion has been ended a while ago when Berry left it is quite reasonable for us to cease our furthering discussions as well, since it is quite clear that it's a waste of time.

Somehow I thought you would suggest that.

The problem is, if this thread was closed, in my opinion, it would be a great injustice, as so many questions have been left unanswered, and as a business I think RW NEEDS to answer them.

In any case, there were quite a few things that really irritated me.

For example:
He said it in a rude way, if he could of said it a more formal way, that would be better. If he did, this wouldn't have happened.

As a staff member here, I'm trying to remain calm, and not say THIS in a rude way, but I'm struggling, I really am.

With that said....if you're saying that a potential client should be treated with disrespect, because they received bad pre-sales service and became angry.....You need to be in a new business, where you're not allowed to interact with customers.

I also found this comment to be extremely ludicrous:
Just like if someone uses your services to spam. It's not your problem. It's the client's problem.
You sir, in my opinion, need A LOT more experience in the hosting industry before you even consider hosting clients. When someone uses your services to spam...it is indeed your problem, as well as a problem for ALL of your clients. When that spam gets reported enough, your IPs become blacklisted. This affects ALL clients on that IP from sending mail to people who use those blacklists to block spam. This affects people's businesses, and general email communication. To say that it's not the host's problem is ridiculous.

Now then, in regards to the "owning 2 datacenters"....

Let me just say, that this is one heck of a typo! The likeliness of someone misspelling "servers" as "datacenters" is very slim. It is my opinion that you used the "typo" excuse to get you out of a lie, once you were caught.

That is my 2cents.

I do agree that this thread small no longer be continued as it will lead the flaming and there is nothing here to resolve. It has already been resolved.

I clearly think it's the client's problem because the client was the one that spammed others using this server IP. And I do not understand why the client has no responsibility, he abused it, he has responsibility. I do however have responsibility as well on this issue. And I know that.

I never said I made a typo between servers and datacenter. Berry or someone in this thead made that up. I didn't add' RWH's Datacenter, ""The Planet"", we simply did not add those two words.

Thanks for all HD's efforts in this thread, thats all I want to say. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I clearly think it's the client's problem because the client was the one that spammed others using this server IP.

You're clearly missing the point. The client that spammed has absolutely no problem whatsoever, unless they're caught by the authorities. The chances of them getting caught are very slim. This leaves ALL of the problem left at your feet. It's not the spammers IP that gets blocked....it's your's. The spammer will simply find someone else's server to spam from, once they get booted from your's. Thus you're left with blacklisted IPs, ticked off clients who can't send mail to people, and the spammer is still doing his/her thing.....no who's problem is it?

I never said I made a typo between servers and datacenter.

Umm, well yes you did:
Our site was just recently redesigned, last Febuary 22, it was made in 14 nights of hard work, as it states on our site. It's still in beta testing, and there maybe few errors here and there.

I'm sorry if I fail to see a bug/mistake/typo/accidental error, in claiming you own 2 datacenters, when you do not.

As for your own oppinions. It's not my responsibility to educate you.

I fail to see how it's not your responsibility to educate someone about your business. If it's not your responsibility, and you don't mind me asking.....who's is it? Maybe we can get them here to answer the questions you haven't, and educate us all.

Thanks for all HD's efforts in this thread, thats all I want to say.

Thank you. That was very kind

Just to something up, the SPAM I've recieved from the Robotical World SMTP server has stopped. I find it hard to believe that mail coming out of the RW server, advertising Robotical World, would not have originated from them. But I'm not going to fight about that, because as dragonlord said earlier :
It's the client's problem.
What the #### ? Hello, this isn't exactly buying you brownie points in anyone's books. I realise that you have taken measures, via IP blocking to sort out this problem, but ffs...dont make it the client's problem now!

I'm not going to get into a fight about this, because the thread's temperature is increasing and will boil over if I got to say exactly what I wanted to.
Just before you even think about it, please dont chop up this post up into quotes, because I wont be posting again on this thread if it regards my integrity.

Also, another note that has just struck me. Just can someone realise that its not actually DragonLord that does the words for his site (or at least I dont think he does). My current employer, who I intend to be leaving soon, also has serious issues with his spelling and grammar. In fact the site is awful, go and have a look.
But its not MY problem. However blunt this might sound, I'm not a Marketter, I'm a coder. Dragonlord is probably more suited in sales and its not really "his problem".

Now this post is really controversial, but enjoy pulling me to threads as that seems to be the direction this is going in.
~Equinox

I wont lie and say this is what I recieved exactly, but I delete SPAM mail as soon as it arrives so it wasn't kept.
SPAM!!!! said:
In Respond to your Request We Recommend the Following Package that prefectly fits your request!:

Professional Plan $6.27/Monthly or $71.91 Yearly - (5000 MB Space with 50000 MB Bandwidth)
cPanel Professional w/Fantastico
Dual Xoen x4 with HT Processor
100 MBIT Connection Speed
Unlimited FTP Accounts
Unlimited Subdomains
Unlimited Email accounts
Unlimited MySQL databases
Unlimited Postgre databases
Supports SSL
Static IP Address
SSH (Shell) Access
Money Back Guarentee
100% Free Setup
99.9% Uptime
Instant Account Setup
Supports Paypal Payment
-> Click here to view Full Details About the Plan!
---> Click here to Order Now!

-> RWH Services Staff
-MSN: admin3@**************.com
-AIM: roboticalrobot2
-YIM: roboticalcomputer
I would have to say that this was basically exactly what was recieved. It was taken off a recent response thread to a web hosting request and was posted by robocop777.
~Equinox

Last edited:
Equinox said:
I wont lie and say this is what I recieved exactly, but I delete SPAM mail as soon as it arrives so it wasn't kept.

I would have to say that this was basically exactly what was recieved. It was taken off a recent response thread to a web hosting request and was posted by robocop777.
~Equinox

Okay, we definately did not send that.

Like I said I find it hard to believe that someone else who is in no way affiliated with you would send that. I haven't opted into any pricing mailing lists of yours and I haven't really ever had any contact with you other than through the devices forset by HostingDiscussion.com. As I said above, the SPAM seems to have settled down and I haven't got anything from you recently. I think that might have something to do with the advice Exon and I gave you in a thread I started about mailing abuse.

Other than that, I dont think that it is worth persueing this problem any further. Anyone can spoof a name, but spoofing a SMTP server is MUCH harder. Maybe you should contimplate taking off SSH support on your accounts and close you SMTP from access out of your local network. Maybe that would help curb the rate of this happening even further. Anyway, I'm sick of fighting about this now.
Good luck in business,
~Equinox

Hey ya know....this is extremely interesting!!!!!

Thank you all for participating in this thread. I feel there is no need to continue futher on regarding anything in this thread. Have a nice day all.

I dont know how it can be seen as interesting, rather than annoying. The person has already been banned from HostingDiscussion (or at least had their account suspended) and I dont see that there is anything more that can be done about it!
I guess this is the price we pay for displaying our details in a public forum. Heaven help me if I give my address, I'll never sleep another wink in my life!
~Equinox

I dont know how it can be seen as interesting, rather than annoying. The person has already been banned from HostingDiscussion (or at least had their account suspended) and I dont see that there is anything more that can be done about it!

Actually, there is something within your posts that has me searching.

Thread is becoming off topic, and the thread starter already found all of the information he was looking for. Thread closed.

For all those who would like to learn (or just grab a smile) from this thread and the whole mystery about Robotical World - here are the facts.

Intensive investigation of our staff has revealed that Dragonlordgod is in fact the same user who was previously banned for breaking rules of this forum. Hiding behind proxy didn't help him hide the past and "dragonic" present of unethical business behavior.

HostingDiscussion.com will continue to investigate each and every case that is brought up to ensure that the high quality standards of this community are met. We strongly feel against unethical business behavior and will make sure businesses like Robotical World would never conduct commerce at HostingDiscussion.com.

Regards,
HD Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.