CloudLinux, do you use it?

CloudLinux as far as I can tell have taken the OVZ kernel and altered it to isolate users rather than containers.

CloudLinux as far as I can tell have taken the OVZ kernel and altered it to isolate users rather than containers.

if you read this http://www.cloudlinux.com/vz-compat.php

CloudLinux is not compatible with OpenVZ and Virtuozzo. VZ doesn't allow customer kernels, and CloudLinux requires its own kernel to operate. This limitation prevents CloudLinux usage inside containers. We are working with Parallels on bringing CloudLinux to VZ customers.

Other virtualizaiton technologies like Xen, VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V, Parallels BareMetal are supported.

Cloudlinux is actually used by almost all majoy web hosts. The deep optimization is just too great for production server

Dont use it, because, we dont over sell servers, and have no need for it, as we monitor very closes our server resources

Next month should see several enhancements to betterlinux, at which time I will be curious to see who comes out one top for that round.

that will be easy as the answer will be Cloudlinux.

How many have heard or Cloudlinux?
How many have heard of Betterlinux?

Maybe, but who did you hear of before CloudLinux. Its the natural course of things, competition breeds innovation.

Cloudlinux is knows as they have done marketing/advertising and being active on many hosting forums.

Betterlinux has not done this as they will not have the same marketing budget etc.

Cloudlinux been there for a while, i remember when it started it was full of errors and it wasnt functioning how it was designed to be. Betterlinux is a starter. This will eventually go into otherLINUX software. Which quite frankly its useless unless you operating heavily on the server.

I personally do not use it I have been on servers with it, however to me it is not the best system out there and it leaves more to be desired.