cloudflare ssl

Also, for Cloudflare to Support XP, every CDN would need their own IP Address, as the older browsers don't support SNI.
This is not sustainable.

Yes I was using Comodo previously but I think I will make the switch, especially considering the ease of installation with say let's encrypt. Will give Cloudflare a try too

Yes I was using Comodo previously but I think I will make the switch, especially considering the ease of installation with say let's encrypt. Will give Cloudflare a try too

Always used Comodo for my main website and WHMCS and wont change that, yes i have the cPanel AutoSSL enabled on all my servers, so all accounts will have a SSL if no paid SSL is on a domain, but for mission critical sites i prefer a paid OV at least

Always used Comodo for my main website and WHMCS and wont change that, yes i have the cPanel AutoSSL enabled on all my servers, so all accounts will have a SSL if no paid SSL is on a domain, but for mission critical sites i prefer a paid OV at least

Yes I think thats probably good advice for main sites. Prices at namecheap are also very reasonable for Comodo so its not a lot of money either

Yes I think thats probably good advice for main sites. Prices at namecheap are also very reasonable for Comodo so its not a lot of money either

Never use namecheap for SSL as they seem to be OK when you get the initial SSL, but always mess up renewals.

also i resell SSL certs from 2 sources, so can get SSL at wholesale prices

Lets Encrypt actually charges server owners $30, but now with AutoSSL its better.

Also, if you want a dedicated SSL from CloudFLare it would cost $200 which is super expensive in my opinion

Also, if you want a dedicated SSL from CloudFLare it would cost $200 which is super expensive in my opinion

where do you get $200 for a dedicated SSL

https://www.cloudflare.com/plans/

Dedicated SSL Certificate
Dedicated SSL Certificates are automatically generated and propagate throughout our global content delivery network, providing robust encryption, along with lightning fast performance and compatibility
$5 a month
so $5 x 12 = $60

(Didn't see this in the long thread -- hope I'm not duplicating someone.)

Use both AutoSSL and CloudFlare SSL.

Why?

If, for example, you use CloudFlare SSL and HSTS and at some point you need to pause CloudFlare your site will be unreachable.

By also installing an AutoSSL certificate you can configure CloudFlare as FullSSL (Strict) so HTTPS does not reply on CloudFlare being in filtering mode.

Bonus is that, unlike FlexSSL, you have true end-to-end encryption.

Lets Encrypt actually charges server owners $30, but now with AutoSSL its better.

I believe you're thinking of Let's Encrypt for Cpanel (now FleetSSL) which is not the same thing as Let's Encrypt. FleetSSL is a commercial plugin the uses the still-very-free Let's Encrypt standard.

Last edited:
I believe you're thinking of Let's Encrypt for Cpanel (now FleetSSL) which is not the same thing as Let's Encrypt. FleetSSL is a commercial plugin the uses the still-very-free Let's Encrypt standard.

The are the same Let's Encrypt for Cpanel is the plugin used for cpanel servers.

The are the same Let's Encrypt for Cpanel is the plugin used for cpanel servers.

Just so there is no confusion, Let's Encrypt and Let's Encrypt for CPanel are not the same.

Let's Encrypt is the certificate authority that pioneered "free, automated and open" certificates.

"Let's Encrypt for CPanel" created a plugin based on Let's Encrypt standards. They are not part of the Let's Encrypt organization and, consequently, had to change their name to FleetSSL to avoid copyright issues.

https://letsencrypt-for-cpanel.com/

Just so there is no confusion, Let's Encrypt and Let's Encrypt for CPanel are not the same.

Let's Encrypt is the certificate authority that pioneered "free, automated and open" certificates.

"Let's Encrypt for CPanel" created a plugin based on Let's Encrypt standards. They are not part of the Let's Encrypt organization and, consequently, had to change their name to FleetSSL to avoid copyright issues.

https://letsencrypt-for-cpanel.com/

They offer the same DV certificate via the same CA, so maybe different companies, but both use the same CA, so it is the same SSL certificate.

CloudFlare free SSL works perfectly for our customers. However, it is shared and has common names of several domains along with yours. If you need a dedicated SSL, they provide an addon at $10/m (if I'm not wrong).