Clients who complain in forums

Clients normally don't directly start posting in forums.

If their tickets are not answered or in similar conditions they do.

But 100% positive reviews are impossible but if you have more positive reviews that's not a big issue.

Bad reviews are simply reviews

The thing about the Internet is that EVERY MENTION MATTERS. Some companies have special employees posting reviews on multiple forums (actually, nearly all IT companies do this and quite a part of every popular forum community is such emloyees).

Why is it done? The more times your website name is mentioned, the better. Search engines do not count emotions, they count only matches of keywords. Good review plus bad review are simply2 reviews.:)

Therefore, both positive and negative replies do the same job - they promote your service. And if someone does it free - that is just great! It will only result in higher ranking and more customers:D To a certain degree, of course.

Customer experience is really important, as satisfied customers are your revenue generators. Thus said, having a person tracking customer experience issues is a good idea.

Multiple software tools allow tracking your website name matches on the Internet. In case 1 client posts 1 negative reply somewhere - it is no big deal. However, someone really angry at your service may start posting bad reviews very wide - the situation you were talking about, OP.

The solution, the way we see it, is to try contacting the frustrated client by any means possible to deal with their situation, give directions regarding resolving the case or issue them a discount/refund.

If there is a possibility to reply to their accusations with detailed explanations and useful advice - use it! Just do not criticize, don't tell them they are wrong - just show the way out (and mention your service one more time, of course:))

This way even people reading these bad reviews will see the way you deal with such cases - calmly. efficently, friendly. They will be able to judge the situation from two sides, not only from bad review, but with your good response, too.

The best way to advertize good service is to show it in action, IMHO!

It's probably best not to entertain that client on a public forum, but it's a good idea to gather more information and then update the thread with some basic information so that everyone knows what happened and who to blame.

I think that if the host has an account on the forum they can respond to the thread politely asking the client to address the issue via their help desk, phone or live chat. Not everyone will ever be 100% satisfied but I think that it is important to reply and therefore show others that even negative feedback is addressed positively and that there is effort to resolve the issue. Simply ignoring it might make it seem like you don't care which could cause more image damage.

That's just my opinion.

People don't just post complaints in the forum probably they got fed up with the hosting services and that could be the reason for their posts.

If you do take action, make sure you have a claw in your terms and conditions that they agreed to...

Alexander

Looking from a client standpoint I would certainly stay away from companies that hides behind their Terms and Conditions. Hell, if I'm an existing client with an issue, someone from Support waving their Terms and shrugging their shoulders would make me mad to the point where I decide to bash them in the forums. See, this is what can create the issue, not solve it.

Even the best formulated Terms do not apply to 100% of cases, any reputable company has to be flexible with them and treat the issues on a case-by-case basis, not generalizing them to fit your documentation.

Just my :twocents:

It is hardly possible that you get 100% customer satisfaction. There are some users who report such issues in open forums. As a provider, we should respond them in the forum. There could be two cases:

[1] It may be client fault and still blame on hosting

In such case, you can provide necessary proof in open discussion forum which can show that you worked on the issue to resolve but it was end user's issue. When you deal in open discussion, you will have to make sure that you do not violate your privacy policy.

[2] The case is mishandled by webhost

In such case, senior tech should give assurance to user that they will resolve any issues. I have read many review which became from negative review to positive review at the end.

These must be handled on a case by case basis. A response might be warranted. Try to direct the conversation back in house. Use the opportunity to demonstrate your professionalism.

I think you can not do anything, Client is client and they are god :)

Just try to keep happy and increase you support quality

We always advise clients to open support ticket and let us deal with any issues this way. We understand unhappy clients will often try and shame business publicly thinking it will get things resolved quicker etc or just to shame the business full stop. We try 100% not to give clients any reason to shame us and reputation.

Some clients are not too easy to convince and that's the reason they use to go to any forum website and type bad reviews with very bad title and description.

If you have problem, discuss with the web hosting company and get it solved with positive thinking.