Clients who complain in forums

Jump systems

As a webhost, how would you deal with clients who complain about what are basically support issues in forums and thereby potentially damaging your reputation?

Well, I've never had this issue but I've seen it done. Majority of hosts that I've seen ask that the client contact them via the company's help desk or by private message via the forum.

I personally would tell the client that the issue they have can be addressed if they contact the help desk. Tech support can't help them in the forum.

It is impossible that a hosting are all with positive reviews. I think it is sample if you can't resolve it just issue the refund. Or put some positive reviews on your website to eliminated the potentially damaging.

A lot of times is is just confusion by the customer that they need to submit a ticket or contact us directly. Many times we just explain that a forum isn't the best place to resolve the issue because they likely have to submit sensitive information.

We haven't had this issue yet, but due to our privacy policy for our protection and the customers protection we don't discuss issues outside of our ticketing system.

If someone were to post something negative we'd kindly ask them to contact us via ticket. All that happens on forums is people weigh in their two cents and nothing really gets solved there.

As a webhost, how would you deal with clients who complain about what are basically support issues in forums and thereby potentially damaging your reputation?
Respond calmly and private message them with a resolution and/or recompense of some sort.

Security

We've never had the situation arise, yet, but we always insist on a new ticket being raised by a logged in user of the client portal.

This ensures we are talking to the correct person, and not an impersonator.

We've had a customers rival call us and give us nearly all the information required to shutdown a website. They said they were not able to get onto the internet and the shutdown was urgent. We called the customer back, and they denied that they had asked for a shutdown. Good job we insist on a call back if something gets requested over the phone.

Some customers see this as an inconvenience, but security is key.

Privacy policy or have a live chat or something, search around the forums and figure out the issues. Customers are like pets you need to take care of them and love them to appreciate you.

Usually host must not allow to do that providing good support. But if it happens you should contact the person who wrote the review and ask him - why he did that, if it was your fault apologize and explain why this happened. If you treated him well and he is smart he will delete the post, if not you should comment in the post he made and explain what happened so that other people who view the post can see what has really happened.but the best way is to treat your customers well, customer support is the the main thing in hosting business.

Its not a good thing BUT sometimes what needed to be a simple thing goes unsolved for way too long while service providers hide behind technicalities. Clients then Jump to forums to be heard. While its not good but we as service providers need to create trust in our own support systems to discourage clients that would jump to any forum. Many times they just dont want to damage your image but are expressing something that needs to get fixed in your support process.

Well if it happens, i think the best way is to deal with the customer in private, email or ticket. And reply to thread with something like: "We will make sure your issue gets resolved quickly, please contact us directly". Afterall they are your customers and you need to take care of them.

Well if it happens, i think the best way is to deal with the customer in private, email or ticket. And reply to thread with something like: "We will make sure your issue gets resolved quickly, please contact us directly"

Sometimes clients just figure out that you tend to offer quicker solutions if they complain in the forums. Once they know that you are FINISHED they will never respect your in-house support system. The most important is to offer timely support in your own support system it will reduce the forum complaints.

I'd say that , while aiding the angry customer to the proper means of contact is undoubtedly the proper way of handling their forum complaint, there has to be some kind of diversification of the issues raised. For example, if the solution doesn't require sharing any kind of login or other delicate information, why not helping on the spot? I am personally amazed how often an issue is resolved on the client side with a simple clear of cache/cookies in their browser. Sure, the larger percentage of problems would not fit into that possibility, but still...

I do believe however that most of those users are "trashing" a company in the forums because they are fed up with the service, not because of an issue risen. They are not seeking for assistance anymore, they do not want to go through the same processes they have probably already tried. And the fact of the matter is that they have the full right to do so. Nurture your customers properly and you will surely avoid such unpleasant occurrences :rolleyes2

I wouldnt agree with you any better on this.

I do believe however that most of those users are "trashing" a company in the forums because they are fed up with the service, not because of an issue risen. They are not seeking for assistance anymore, they do not want to go through the same processes they have probably already tried. And the fact of the matter is that they have the full right to do so.

Like I said before the fix to reducing such is to fix ones own support system. Most times such posts are just extensions of the frustrations that started in the company Helpdesk.

I completely agree with " Avuntia", customers like pets.

I didn't face this problem yet, but I think if i am a good provider then i will definitely conveyance my client to discuss any kind or problem by ticketing, live chat, phone or face to face communication.

When this happens we would normally ask the client for a ticket ID so we can gather all the details on what happened, why it happened etc

Once we have all the facts we will post a more detailed response to the thread so everybody knows the facts, we will then work with the client privately to ensure any problems have been resolved.

Hi there,

If a client complains, maybe it's not your fault. Anyway, we can't please everyone. If many other customers complaint (and the reason is the pretty much the same) maybe you should do something with your support team since there's nothing you can do with a customer complaining on forums. If you want different results, do something different.

Turn the situation around and show the public how your support issues are handled. In fact if you show that you are willing to work with the client personally, I feel this gives any prospective clients even more confidence in your hosting company. Proper english and a reasonable attitude will always work in your favour.

Turn the situation around and show the public how your support issues are handled. In fact if you show that you are willing to work with the client personally, I feel this gives any prospective clients even more confidence in your hosting company. Proper english and a reasonable attitude will always work in your favour.

Exactly. Bad reviews do hurt hosts daily, but if the host is truly convinced that the customer was treated properly and offered the needed help then this can easily be shown in a public discussion too. At the end of the day, a reasonable bystander would be able to tell which side has more rights in the issue. Of course, a bad review is still a stain on the brand online reputation but damages can be minimized under the circumstances. :)