Centos vs Mint

Hi the mirrors that infinitnet suggested was not available,however its becoming a nightmare drama this mint mirrors I guess Im going to abort the installation and go for centos 6.4 since I need a server where I can install my old and new control panels,and all of the personal programs and scripts I made for my other websites most run on 32 bits and other 64,so I guess mint wont work for that or at least all those mirrors here didnt seem to work for me
http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

Usually for hosting, CentOS is best, as most CPs and plugins are certified for Redhat

If you run ISPConfig, then ubuntu is the way to go.

With DirectAdmin I've had issues with plugins not working properly on non CentOS, as alot of 3rd parties assume CentOS.

So make your life easier and choose an OS which your CPs support, and has the best community support.
Imagine you have an issues with customers and your searching for an available mirror. (Not Good!)

Sure mint looks good on my netbook, but CentOS/CloudLinux on my servers everytime.

Centos is a RedHat derivative. RedHat is the most trusted, supported and secure linux Operating system and is used by countless Fortune 500 corporations in massive scale out networks upwards of 20,000 nodes or more which is incredible. Outside of windows 7, Centos is one the most used enterprise grade OSes available and its free.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zentekinfosoft