Centos 7 will reach end of life!

Be aware that Centos 7 will reach end of life very soon!

We've migrated all our cPanel servers away from CentOS 7 to a new supported distro as CentOS Linux 7 will reach end of life (EOL) on June 30, 2024.

As Centos 7 becomes EOL software like cPanel will no longer be supported, I received an email yesterday from my old cPanel Server: Your system’s cPanel & WHM version will reach End of Life in 24 days.

We've been running CentOS 7 from the beginning, So a little sad to see it go!

What your experience been with CentOS 7 over the years?

My experience with CentOS 7 has been mostly positive - it has been a reliable and stable operating system for our servers. I will miss it when it reaches end of life.

Hard to believe CentOS 7 went EOL. I still remember doing the CentOS 6 to CentOS 7 migration all those years ago.

I was already normalizing my hypervisor fleet on Debian and I've now done the same for DirectAdmin machines. Going to be 100% Debian which is nice for consistency. I know things have improved with Elevate, etc. but the lift and shift of upgrading CentOS/Alma is a huge drag if you have to do it.

The only problem with AlmaLinux the NIC card adapters are not all included. You will need to flash a USB with the older NIC card adapters. Hence i prefer Ubuntu 18.04 or newer OS, it has all the drivers already ready to go.

Actually, there are migration paths to Almalinux and Cloudlinux, without reinstalling everything, for the lazy ones who waited till EOL :P

Back