Blesta is replacing WHMCS?

I personally find Blestas admin interface to be very confusing and it is hard to get used to.

i don't see it as confusing, but if you are not used to it then it can seem confusing just like any software.

people starting out using WHMCS for the first time have reported the admin area as confusing, which it will be to someone that is not used to it

Actually, It is because of everyone wants unique thing on the billing because WHMCS is using by every 2nd hosting company so most of them wants a billing portal different from others, There is no doubt that whmcs is doing well, We have been using whmcs from last 4 years and never face a single problem. But in these days whmcs raised the prices and also discontinue the lifetime license option for the new customer which is really the main reason people are moving to other alternatives.

I really hope a real alternative to WHMCS come soon. The problem is that the plugins are not that good and the interface is very difficult to use. I would prefer maybe a more well integrated software and with a more easy approach.

Blesta good for customization and WHMCS is excellent in term of features.

Don''t fight which is better, watch and see battle.

Blesta need improvement, More partner and developers.

Two days ago i signed up for a free one year plan of shared hosting. A new host offered the plans for anybody wanting to help test their infrastructure. So i thought i would give it a shot for a couple personal sites. Worked out well, i now have one year of free hosting with no credit card data entered.

Anyways when i logged into my account i was greeted with a Blesta control panel and found it to be just as well as any other client panel. Easy to navigate and found all the controls i needed. So on a clients side i found it easy to use.

Also on the Blesta forums, they posted a message on Feb 10 that they have released a Beta Version for testing.

https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8771-blesta-400-beta-5-released/

Blesta can replace WHMCS in excellent Graphic mode. Look at Hostbill.

During their startup days, Their features was same as blesta or even less but look at them. Today they are biggest competitor.

I think it's great that it's mostly open source, but unfortunately corporate closed source software runs the world, so i doubt this would be adopted by the majority any time soon.

i used WHMCS, Blesta, Clientexec and boxbilling but i liked WHMCS. They made the work so easy and fast

This is the problem, right here. WHMCS has taken over this industry, and basically made the work for individuals 'easy and fast'.

The problem? WHMCS is a huge giant and Matt knows this.

Someone really needs to finance something to come in and kick WHMCS on it's ass. Something new, innovative, something that will actually do what WHMCS did to Modernbill. Nothing (currently) is going to do this.

Blesta can Replace WHMCS by increasing reseller partner.

If Blesta will make more easy to resell their license and give good discounted price then it can replace WHMCS because of requirement of WHMCS reselling is now hard and also expensive for small business and you can't resell it to non-hosting client while Blesta allow to resale it to anyone.

If reseller will be increased then selling of Blesta will be increased, So I think Blesta should focus on increasing reseller.

Blesta won't replace WHMCS. It's been around too long, and is nowhere near as feature competent as WHMCS.

Yes, they can adjust their reseler pricing, but they still suffer from the same problem WHMCS does... NOT listening to clients, and not adding features necessary.

It's going to take someone absolutely new in this business, just like WHMCS was, to take the industry by storm, and then take over. Blesta's had it's opportunity, it's not going to overtake WHMCS.

Don't get me wrong, Blesta is great for keeping WHMCS somewhat honest, as a second place competitor, but after 10 years, that's all it's ever going to be, second place.

Blesta can Replace WHMCS by increasing reseller partner.

If Blesta will make more easy to resell their license and give good discounted price then it can replace WHMCS because of requirement of WHMCS reselling is now hard and also expensive for small business and you can't resell it to non-hosting client while Blesta allow to resale it to anyone.

If reseller will be increased then selling of Blesta will be increased, So I think Blesta should focus on increasing reseller.

Blesta is far easier to resell their licences.

With Blesta all you need is to purchase an owned Blesta licence and then sign up as a reseller which as a standard reseller you can sell to anyone

https://www.blesta.com/resellers/

1-9 licences you get a 20% discount and you dont have to buy a min amount of licence.

with WHMCS you have to commit to purchase a min. 5 licences a month and only get 15% discount or 10 licences a month to get 20% discount.

so you get a better discount with Blesta and you have no monthly commitment.

But as far as a package, they have a bit to go before reaching WHMCS standards.

Where ever you find cPanel you will find WHMCS
Wherever you find SolusVM/Virtualizor you will find WHMCS too
So from my own point of view WHMCS will lead the billing/client management software in the hosting industry for the next long period

WHMCS prices are expensive but for me WHMCS is best system ever made. There is HostBill it has also great features, but Blesta i never tried it.

We use Blest and we are very happy. Our clients like the idea of having all the necessary hosting tools in their client area (we use cPanel extended module). The only problem we find in Blest is the domains engine which is not very friendly.

both of these billing systems are fighting in the small shared/resell hosting market. in reality both have advantages and disadvantages. You need to make that decision on what you will use after some reviews and research.
I do not think Blesta will replace WHMCS today, however things can change quickly. One thing about these solutions, is that Both have no ability to handle when a web host grows. Managing ports on switches, turning PDU power ports on/off, bandwidth management and billing, configurations to xen hypervisors, integration with various cloud software solutions, the list is long, actually very long .. but the market that needs these features is a lot smaller. I think Hostbill could have really changed the landscape, but at some point they decided they only wanted a niche market of higher end hosting companies that owned their switches, hardware, and needed really data center or fully cloud environments managed billing and automated solutions. Competition is good, period!