Best VPS Control Panels (Free & Paid)?

IkY0294

HD Addicted
Hi all, I am just getting into setting up VPS and what not. I would like to know a list of free panels and a list of paid.. Maybe you guys could share them below and we can have a list going in this thread?

Could you link the control panel and list it as free or not with its price. thanks.. I just need a good control panel nothing to fancy but would like to test a couple out.

thank you.

Kloxo Free
Webmin Free
cPanel/WHM $37.90 USD
DirectAdmin $15.16 USD
Plesk 10 Domains $22.90 USD
Plesk 30 Domains $30.90 USD
Plesk 100 Domains $45.90 USD
Plesk Unlimited Domains $53.90 USD

You can't get any better then cpanel. Its user-friendly and very easy to use...if you are OK with the price, then surely go with cpanel...

In my opinion there is no better paid control panel than cPanel. As for the free panels - think Webmin is a good choice.

holy *** you actually sell those panels to your clients for those prices? thats a bit greedy is nicest way I can put it.
As far as good FREE panel Id use Kloxo(LVadmin) over webmin as its a bit more user friendly then Webmin/Virtualmin on setup, on DNS and few other key things.
Best paid panel Id have to say if def Plesk if Windows or prob linux also though cpanel is the most popular as it is widely used.
Direct Admin isnt bad but def not cheap as they give no vps discount, its a flat price.
Zervex is a real cheap one if only running a site or two isnt bad, wouldnt run hosting off it though.
There is a new opensource panel called ZPanel thats simple enough to install and isnt too bad being its free either.
There is others for Windows but those would be the only linux ones wworth mentioning.

With the constant updates and security patches, along with the user friendly interface and function, Cpanel all the way. Of course you pay a little more but we have been providing this for years and have many friends in the company. By far, Cpanel has provided us with the best functionality. This is of course for webhosting and such.

For VPS hosting in which you want to allow customer control I'd go with SolusVM. It will take some work to learn, but that comes with the territory. They have support and the price isn't too bad.

ESXI visualization is probably the easiest, but security as far as abuse is concerned will be some work as most of the security options are OPENBSD based.

I find both directadmin and cpanel easy to use. I do actually like directadmin better. I don't have vps but when I did it was easier with directadmin then it was with cpanel. The only issue I had was trying to set up a firewall. If I remember right I had the same problem on both cpanel and directadmin.

I find both directadmin and cpanel easy to use. I do actually like directadmin better. I don't have vps but when I did it was easier with directadmin then it was with cpanel. The only issue I had was trying to set up a firewall. If I remember right I had the same problem on both cpanel and directadmin.

cPanel is known to be a lot easier among administrators as it provides a LOT of extra features in WHM to really automate server management to a certain level.

DirectAdmin is known to be a more basic version which requires a lot more technical knowledge to manage and run fully, what features in DirectAdmin did you find easier in DirectAdmin than in cPanel or did you mean in general?

Also I'm really not a fan of the DirectAdmin design, I find it much more easier to navigate around cPanel than in DirectAdmin.

In general. But I really like how the features are organized better in direct admin. All the sql stuff is in the sql settings including backing up the sql. With cpanel the back up for sql is under back up and not under the sql settings. DNS settings are the same way as the mx records are with the dns records. In cpanel they are separate. I guess I just find my self hopping around more in cpanel to get things done then in direct admin. Not that I need to change dns and sql settings all that much.

Neither one is that hard to use in my opinion. Now plesk is confusing. I am not even sure how to do a lot in there. More likely I do not have access to every thing in plesk at the local web host here as I am not one of their staff. I just need in there to set up and manager emails for my customers.

Oh and I actively use both cpanel and directadmin. I have 1 account with powermonster.net that uses directadmin and 1 account with cloudweb.com that uses cpanel. Both those hosts are owned by the same company though.

cPanel, Plesk, Directadmin all these control panels are best webhosting control panels. It really depends whether you are hosting your sites on linux server or windows server.
For windows plesk is best option. For Linux you can choose cPanel or directadmin according to your choice.

Yes cPanel VPs license sells are around $15 on average. The $35 + price licenses is to be used on physical servers. I'd add Froxlor panel to the list.

I have never heard of froxlor before. I am looking at their site right now. It looks interesting.
For what ever reason it reminded me of openpanel. I tried to use open panel once and had bit of an issue figuring it out. It should maybe be added to the list though as it might be easier now.

Yes cPanel VPs license sells are around $15 on average. The $35 + price licenses is to be used on physical servers. I'd add Froxlor panel to the list.

You can get Cpanel dedicated licenses much cheaper if you are with the right host or if the Datacenter has a agreement.

I am not sure if you asked for a VPS management panel, but your topic title suggests that. So I would recommend Virtualizor for the same. Even OnApp is good but very expensive.
Virtualizor is from the Softaculous guys. The UI is amazing but the Admin UI can be a little more better. I am told that they are working on it.

When I setup clients who dont want a paid control panel I use either ISPconfig or zpanel. Zpanel is easier and runs ok out of the box, ispconfig sometimes requires some extra steps