Best places to advertise?

Well believe it or not the best place is your vehicle. just goto a lettering shop pay them a few bucks get www.yourdomain.tld made in small letters but big enuff to see from 5 to 10 feet away. I got 15 customers from that.

Great suggestions - another great place I've found is super markets that have advertisement boards.. just create a nice advertisement and post it up.

Sometimes asking the manager is a good idea, to ensure your ad will stay.
I've gotten a few customers from this also.

Also, although its a bit annoying to some I've put card on peoples cars in Walmarts, Sams Club, Costco's (big parking lot type places). Just make sure that camera's arn't watching and stay clear of those security patrol vehicles! I've ran into a few and ran lol.

Cheers!

Regards,
Aaron

But be careful. I got some local ads. I got responses asking what wevhosting is, then remembering why I get so many repair jobs in the area.

I just run off word of mouth-its the best possible method.

So no one here has ever paid for advertising? Like banners and such? If so, where was it successful for you?

I have yet to pay for advertising but I would think google is not going to work. I wonder if any of the hosting index companies give you a good ROI...

MadCow, I think I'm with you. I have looked into the Google Adwords and I don't think that is the way for me.

Google Adwords used to be very effective but now they are saturated.
To get any results at all for hosting keywords be prepared to spend more per click than most of your monthly hosting plans cost.

I think local advertising attracts a lot of people that will need huge amounts of support from you, starting off, and then they will require a lot of support with their site - Most will ask you almost everything from how to make a link to how to use frames.

That is a major downside to local advertising.

Banner ads can be good, but you have to know that the market you are looking to attract will be on the sites you are advertising.

Word of mouth is always going to be the best way of advertising, although not many people go out and tell others about your hosting company so it can take a while for this to have any effect

Hello,

One of the most effective ways to get your company promoted is the most obvious one via search engines. If you are listed in the major serch engines such as Google, Yahoo, AOL, Alta Vista, Lycos, All The Web you would receive trageted traffic from each of them.

Custom Reseller Plans at Wholesale Price
NorthTrex Hosting
http://www.northtrex.com

northtrex said:
Hello,

One of the most effective ways to get your company promoted is the most obvious one via search engines. If you are listed in the major serch engines such as Google, Yahoo, AOL, Alta Vista, Lycos, All The Web you would receive trageted traffic from each of them.

If you are low on cash, try starting with free hosting. Start by getting your site listed in the search engine. Then maybe try hosting directories, etc. and forums. For example, webhostingtalk has an advertising forum. That i a good place to advertise.

Paid hosting sticks your ad up for people to see for a certain period of time. Advertise with yahoo or some big corporation for better results.

I hate to say this but, advertising is nothing but a waste of the companies money. I would much rather do what I am doing now...word of mouth. I can save money and spent it on improving customer satisfaction rather than spending it on a growing customer database. Just my .02

It depends on what rate of growth you want.
Advertising increases growth far faster than word of mouth.
If you don't have any customers, who is going to spread the word?

Very true, but there are other means of advertising instead of paying a huge cash flow to invest in advertising (IE. Forums, etc...). We have used many forums and have given our business to others via word of mouth and have not payed a single dime for advertising and it has worked for us. In return we spend more of that money on stability and customer support.