best place for banners

I think Jose is referring to posts you have made since you have only 2 of them and you have advertised before having a set number of posts. HT is an online community to get helo or share experiences not ONLY for advertising :)

Well I dont like being too bossy either else this place will turn like WHT and I dont want that...just trying to keep this place filtered out of the junk

You guys are insane.....

Banners for under $40. Im not trying to rip on peoples talent here but.... When a company buys/designs their logo, they spend lots of money and or time on it, to make sure it carries the impression that they want their users to get. And that impression isnt a $25 price tag.... it's worth more than that.

I would imagine companies would want the same thing out of their banner. So why only charge under $40 for something that is going to represent that business. If you are putting in the time to make the banner something that people will be attracted to and/or remeber.... it should be worth more than that.

If you search the net you will see Logo design normally starting at $149 and going well up close to $500.

I would see nothing wrong if its a nice banner and you provide maybe 3 sizes, a top wide banner, a small vertical one and a small horizonal one, selling that package for $79-99

Thats just my $0.02 on this

Yep I have seen banners for up to $500.00 as well and logos for $500.00+ but in todays internet world everybody wants something economical because they know they can find a place on the net for cheap prices or for bartering :)

I havent seen many sites doing banners for $500 and to be honest, theres no way I would spend $500 on such a small image...
A banner is simply one image with usually around 4 frames, which each might have a very small change in the image itself, but normally its just the text thats different.

I think its different for a logo though, a logo requires a lot more creativity than a banner I think and as long as it was VERY good, I would spend up to that price range for a logo.

Even if someone worked on a banner for you for 5 days, working full time, thats $100/day.
I dont know anyone that would take so long to work on a banner full time for that long.

$500 is a little exessive in my mind. But John you stated that

"A banner is simply one image with usually around 4 frames". If it is so simple... why not do it yourself?? I find web design rather simple... but im not going sell a site for $25 when I spent good time on it.

I aggree that sometimes a few hundred dollars is too much... but $12 like that other person on this site posted.... thats kinda cheap.

Because I cant do images :)
I would pay for images because I cant do them myself but my point was that I wouldnt pay $500 for one image.

A banner is normally just one basic image frame with a few layers, then different text on each.
So the main thing the designer has to do, is just the first image for the base of the banner, and I dont think that work is worth $500, I dont think many people would either.

$500 is well worth a site, even if a lot of people dont think this anymore because they are used to seeing cheap template which are resold, and I wouldnt mind paying a lot more than $500 because I think a site is a lot more work, which Im paying for.
I dont think the same amount of work is needed for a banner which is why I would do the same amount of pay :)

Im glad you think that as a banner designer Frank :)
I was interested to know what you thought about this so I was waiting until you came online :)

By the way, how long does it normally take you to finish a banner?