best payment method

monovm

hi
i wonder what is the best and most famous payment methods to have in your website ?
every one could pay easily :)

PayPal is the most popular and secure way really. Google checkout also seems to be one which is being used a bit as well.

PayPal is the most popular and secure way really. Google checkout also seems to be one which is being used a bit as well.

Paypal seems to be the #1 choice these days

with Google Checkout they will insist on your site having an SSL certificate (which in reality if you are selling products/services you should have anyway)

It all depends on which country you are running your business in. But paypal is a good global choice.

Definitely, PayPal is a must. 2checkout is also a good credit card processor. And the last but not the least payment method - bank wire - which is a good option for customers who make bulk orders.

I must say Paypal is the most popular , but not the best. Paypal lack quality fraud assessment leading to some high charge back rate and bad customer service. 2 checkout is better as it has it own fraud detector.

More than 80% of our clients pay with Visa & MasterCard as their payment choice. The remaining 20% are using PayPal (except for 5, yes *5* clients that pay with a check each year).

The only reason why we could think that our Visa/MasterCard transactions are so high is because of the types of clients that we deal with. The majority of them are small and medium business setups, and the majority of small businesses are not using PayPal themselves - at least that's what we've found ourselves anyway.

Similarly, our payments to our vendors are made with credit card too. While they take PayPal, we prefer to use the card since we get airline mileage on all payments made. When you're rolling tens of thousands a month on a card, the mileage adds up very quickly :)

+1 to PayPal, even though I don't like the PayPal system.

People use PayPal because it can not only link up credit cards and debit cards, but also it can allow kids to pay without having their debit cards linked. As a result, the payment method PayPal drives me more revenue.

Paypal is one of the best payment processors if you ask me, Moneybookers / Skrill works fine as well; they also offer multiple extra features when you're an merchant account holder which is a big plus.

If you have an online business where you accept orders and receive payments through your website, then your first priority (as far as payment methods to offer your clients) should be to accept Credit Cards & Debit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, ect..), as most online shoppers will use that to pay for your products and services.

You should then focus on alternate payment methods to offer your customers, such as PayPal (make sure to use a Business account). Even though most people will use their Credit Cards, PayPal is becoming VERY popular among online buyers and should definitely be your #2 choice to accept payments (IMHO).

Then, you can take it further (as Conor mentioned) and accept Checks and Money Orders that are payable to your company's name. Although, be aware that these two methods are mostly preferred by local clients and businesses, and not many online buyers will use these.. So if you're not tapping into your local market just yet then I would just worry about accepting Credit Cards and PayPal.

Of course this will vary depending on the Company, Country, type of Business, Target Market, ect... :thumbup:

Last edited:
I use PayPal to , not because that it is the most famous , but it is the most comfort too .

Last edited:
Just to add another vote for Paypal for this. 95% of our clients use this system the other 5% either use Google Checkout or mail in payment by some other means

hi
i wonder what is the best and most famous payment methods to have in your website ?
every one could pay easily :)

Credit card payments and PayPal are the two methods I see most often across the web. Those are the two methods I plan to accept for my site once I get it up and running.

Here are the payment options I consider "best" to have:

-PayPal - Most widely used online.
-2CheckOut - For credit card & also for all those countries PayPal does not support directly but can be done so via 2CheckOut
-Google Checkout - I find them to be the most reliable & very friendly (Very good customer service)
-Authorize.net

With the above, you can't really go wrong :).

Lately we see about half and half between credit card/PayPal purchases. For those people in countries that do not allow PayPal (and we have a few) some have even sent in checks. I honestly hate dealing with checks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost